Thursday, June 23, 2016

Denmark or Bust!

So I'm down to my final days here at the MTC. I love it and I've learned so much, but I'm so excited to get to the field. I can't believe it's actually happening. So cool things are going on. I got to sing today for the mission presidents' seminar. 9 apostles were there. I didn't get to meet any of them but I got a good look at a few. Before the performance some of us went to the bathroom. I walked up to the urinal and looked to my right. The man next to me had a blue nametage on that read Quentin L. Cook. So that was interesting. I'm hoping we actually get to meet a couple when we sing tomorrow or Saturday.
Yesterday we hosted new missionaries coming to the MTC. We greet them and help them get to their classes. I hosted five new missionaries going to all kinds of places. It seems like so long ago when I came to the MTC but it was just 5 weeks ago. I feel like so much has happened. Which is true I guess. It's been a really busy week for me and it probably will be more busy with the mission presidents seminar and packing and everything. My schedule is a little weird so it's been interesting.
So the funny story this week. A couple weeks ago Elder Carlson got a box of donuts and after a while they finally got thrown in the trash (in the box). Then the other day Elder Stapley is walking by the bathroom and notices them. "Are those donuts?!" He then decides he is going to eat one. He proceeds to take it out of the box and then a custodian walks around the corner right as Elder Stapley takes a big bite out of a two week old donut. The custodian laughed and continued on with his day. We all had a good laugh.
So a spiritual thought for today. On Tuesday we were privileged to hear from Brent H. Nelson of the seventy. His talk was very good but his wife said something that stood out to me. She shared with us that we cannot do anything without the Savior, but that with the Savior, we can do anything. I know this to be true because I can share with you that the MTC is a very humbling experience. It has been the hardest thing I've done in my life, but I know that the Savior has helped me through it. I know that if I want to accomplish anything on my mission or in my life I need the Saviors help. I also know that with the Saviors help I can do literally anything because the Lord does work miracles. I hope you all let the Savior help you in your lives and use his help to accomplish amazing things.
I miss you all a lot and the next email you get from me will be coming from halfway around the world. I have some pictures I'll send later today but next week they will be pictures from Denmark. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am grateful for each and everyone of you. You are amazing examples to me. Thanks for everything! Jeg elsker dig!
Love Ældste Smith


Here are a few pictures! One  of my zone in front of the temple, and one of me with one of my best friends Elder Allred. He left for Paris on Monday. I just had to show you all that I taught Søster Player how to tie a tie. She now refers to this tie as her tie.





To Mom:

I got my camera and stickers. Thank you so much, they are super great. The camera is the same one they sell at the bookstore. I sang in my special choir this morning and I sing tomorrow and saturday morning as well. I haven't met any apostles yet but I really want to. I got Teri's email. I'll try my best to email her before I leave. I'm glad my handwriting isn't terrible. I have my flight times. I'll send them to you tomorrow or saturday. I will get to call you most likely in Atlanta. Thank you for sending everything I need! I will be sending one package of things I don't need and some letters for you and that will be all.

from Email a couple of days later: Oh also guess what. Yesterday I shook Neil L. Anderson's hand and today David A. Bednar came and thanked the choir for all of our hard work. It was cool.

To Dad:

Hey papa! I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, but I'm really glad that it wasn't a heart attack or something worse. It sounds like it runs in the family so at least I have that to look forward to. I'll be praying for you and I'm sure that everything will go well. I'm really nervous. I can't believe it's actually happening now. I will definitely take your language advice. Jared did send me a dearelder. It was really good. I'll try my best to write him back. He good switched from young mens right before I left. I can't think of anything else I have to have so I think I'm good. I'll be sending a box home sometime with stuff I don't need. I have some cash, but I'm supposed to have at least 200 dollars on my card available while traveling. So can either you or mom do that for me? I can't think of any questions. I'm really excited. Thanks for everything. I love you.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment