Thursday, June 16, 2016

One and a half more to go

Hey everyone! How's it going!!! I hope you have all had a great beginning of summer. I definitely had. My time is running short here at the MTC. I leave in a week in a half for Denmark so be quick if you want to send me any letters at the MTC before I hit the field. I am beyond excited for the events happening over the next couple of weeks. I found out that myself and another Elder from my zone have made it into a special choir that will sing for the new mission presidents seminar. We will be singing some music at the beginning of meetings that some of the first presidency will speak at. I am pretty excited for that. We were chosen out of over 1500 missionaries that are here at the MTC.
Something funny that happened this week. The Elders in my zone have been putting together a musical number for Sunday. We are singing I Need Thee Every Hour but on the 3rd verse we are all singing a piece in a different language. It will have Icelandic, Arabic, Spanish, Swedish, French, Danish, and Finnish. We've been trying to practice but every time we hit the Finnish part and Vanhin belts out his line we can't help but laugh. I'm not sure why but the Finnish is just so different it sounds hilarious. That might not be funny to any of you, but I can't help but laugh just thinking about it. I just wish you all could hear it. Then you'd understand.
On Tuesday we were privileged to hear from Elder Soares from the presidency of the seventy. His talk was fantastic and he has a nice Brazilian accent. Something from his talk that he mentioned was that if we want to change the hearts of others we must first change our hearts. Not much to say on that but it's something to think about. We can all become better and we can all take a look at our own hearts and desires and try to change ourselves for the better. Another spiritual moment I had this week was on Sunday. After our Sunday devotionals we get to watch a film. Myself and some of the other Elders decided to watch "John Tanner" it's a church film from I don't know how long ago, but if you get a chance look it up and watch it. This man gave everything he had to the Lord and he did it all with tremendous faith. I was touched by the example from that film.
I'm sorry I have no pictures this week. I sort of slacked off. I love you all and hope to hear from some of you before I head for Denmark. Thank you all for being such great examples and supporting me! You're the best!
Love, Elder Smith 

My companion was able to grab a couple pictures so you all got lucky. Paisley tie day and my tripanionship. Love you all!!!


To Dad:

Hey dad I'm doing great here. I'm happy to hear that trek went good for you even though you had to deal with some hard weather. I'm sure most of the pioneers weren't blessed with perfect weather either. I hope everything holds up good on the little farm. I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out. I miss horseshoes with you. Maybe I'll try to get one of the other Elders to play a game with me for exercise time one day. That is cool that Christian is working in the temple. I miss working there even though I get to go sometimes. I have been writing in my journal every night. It's hard but I have a good habit going. Elder Bednar's talk was so good. I hear that this next week it might be President Nelson but I'm not sure. The special choir is going to be so cool. I wrote about it in my large email. Let's just say it's possible I may get to shake the hands of some apostles and first presidency members. I'm excited. And the songs are so good. The language is coming along well. It's hard but good. My teachers say I'm doing good. I wouldn't think they would say otherwise. Well I hope everything is going well. Let me know if you have more questions. I love you lots.
Love, Elder Smith

To Mom:

 Well I might not get to talk to you today. I hope you are doing well. I'll try to send one or two more letters before I leave the MTC. I'm trying to think of things I need. I will probably want I camera, I think you're right. I also think I will need more of the colored stickers. I think I'll be okay with the white shirts I have. I don't use all of them every week. I have enough socks for now and the holes are just small. If you can find like a low profile, cheap scripture case that would be nice for my new scriptures. Any last minute letters you want to send before I leave. I can't think of anything else. If you can then send it, haha. I love you lots. I'll write some more meaningful stuff in a letter.

I'm on for maybe 5 minutes. I thought of something else I need. A bigger pair of jeans. I know what you're thinking. But I brought the wrong pair. they are 32s. If you can I can think of one pair that would be good. they are 36x32 and the brand is maybe apt.9. They are a lighter jean color. If you can't find them any bigger pair would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment