Monday, September 5, 2016

Don't Ever Exercise

So it's been another great week in Holbæk. We've had a lot of fun and we've been very tired. Little things keep happening to make this week super great. So we have... had a bunkbed in our room that was super wobbly. On Monday it decided to quit. I decided not to sleep on the bottom bunk out of fear of death. It was the Jenga tower of bunkbeds but now it's taken apart and our mattresses are on the floor. Hopefully we'll get a new bed this week.
On Tuesday we had a long day of knocking. We had finished our day and started to relax. I decided I needed to do some exersize because I haden't that morning. We have a pullup bar that hangs in the doorframe of our room. I decided to do some pullups as soon as I put my weight on the bar I soon found myself lying on my back in pain. The bar totally gave out and landed me on the floor. To make it better all the doors in Denmark have this lame door stop thing in every doorway so I fell on that. I've decided to go on a weight diet and never do exersize again because it just brings pain.
Our investigators have been doing well. One of them is officially on date for baptism. She has agreed to prepare for baptism on the 29th of October. I pray that all goes well and she recieves a solid answer.
Elder Weese and I have experienced some humbling experiences this week as we decided to be consecrated missionaries for the week. It was extremely hard to stay motivated and work hard towards our goals. We were tired and worn out but we fought through it! No one can stop the missionaries in Holbæk.
I was reading a talk this week from Thomas S. Monson called "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" I would suggest you all read it. We cannot experience true happiness until we are grateful for what we have. Sometimes it is hard to see the blessings in our lives because we get caught up wishing our lives were better, or easier. We weren't sent to earth to have a perfect life, we were sent here to become like Christ, more like God, become perfect. I know it could be easier and we could all have it better, but remember what you have. Sit and think about what you have to be grateful for. It's actually the easier way out. It's the only way to be happy.
I love you all and I hope you are all happy! Thank you for your examples. I hope you all have a great week and I hope you are loving September.
Love Ældste Smith




Hey dad I'm doing great! It's been a good week but a hard week. Sounds like you've been extra busy with work. I hope it all goes well.  It looks like Aubrey is doing good. I hope you get to see her soon. That would be weird if she was married when I got home. She could be a mom. That's weird. Things have been okay with the language, but it's hard. I do like emailing my President. He has already been a huge example and help to me. He's a great person. Yeah we have the same investigators. Pray specifically for Christina. She has accepted a baptismal date but only IF she recieves an answer. I know she will but I really hope she works to recieve it and recognizes it. We have a few less actives we visit if we have time or if they are there. It's hard. That's another time members are important. You are a good missionary. And a huge example to me. I love you lots. What has Cooper been up to? he doesn't tell me anything in his emails. I hope the family is doing good. I love you lots. Have a good week. Thanks for being the best dad in the world.
Love Elder Smith


Hej bestest greatest mostest wonderfulest Motherest.
I love you lots. Sister Stockholm loves being friends with you on Facebook. Yesterday in church she was super excited to tell Elder Weese she had become friends with his mom on Facebook.
We have two weeks left of the transfer. I will definitely miss Elder Weese. We've had a great companionship and I've learned a lot from him. I really hope my second companion is a good one.
That lesson sounds really super good. I'm glad you love your calling. I love my calling too. :)
I cut my hair last night! It's a lot shorter now hahah. It feels really great. 
I'm glad I haven't been completely forgotten. I'm glad people ask about me. I wish I got letters from people instead of emails. Haha. Emails suck. I only like reading them. Not typing them.
Danish is hard. Sometimes I feel like it's going okay and then I remember I can't understand anything people say to me. I think you would be really good at learning a new language. You should try it. See how many you can learn before I get home. Haha.
Money is better. I'm determined not to run out of food money this month. I'm going to have leftover so it will carry over and I will have back up. The only thing I need to buy is a coat. I might try to find one online. I think they would have more of a selection than the stores. I have heard missionaries have done that with bikes and coats. But anyway I probably need a little more money on my card to do that. 
I decided to do something to make myself lose weight. I took it to my prayers that I won't eat any ice cream candy or chocolate until I weigh under 185 pounds. That's 30 pounds. So hopefully it goes well. 
I love you tons and tons and tons and tons and tons. I will try to send you my letters this week too.
Love ya.
Love Ældste Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment