Monday, September 19, 2016

I forgot how to drive

Pretty Danish sky out our window
Ocean and the Moon


So things have been pretty crazy. I'll start with some bigger news to get that out of the way. The transfer is over and I'm getting a new companion! Elder Weese was transfered to Odense to be the new district leader there. I will be staying in Holbæk and getting a new companion Elder Lee. I haven't met him yet but he sounds great. I'm currently in Copenhagen and I will be here until he arives and then we will head back to Holbæk.
So other than transfers the week hasn't been too exciting. On Monday I started driving which was super scary. I haven't driven in four months so I was super nervous, but it's getting better now. We drive alot in our area because it's huge.
On Tuesday and Wednesday we were in Nykøbing for splits. Elder Hendriksen and I drove all over his area and knocked on tons of doors to check on investigators and less active members and not a single one answered the door. To go along with that when we were driving from Slagelse down to Nykøbing we were low on gas. It would have been fine, but we forgot to fill up when we got there. Later when we were leaving to do some stop-bys, we ran out of gas. Elder Weese and Elder Williams had to get gas on their bikes and bring it to us. It wasn't very fun.
So that was about it for the week. The rest was just the usual. Church was great this week. I understand a little more every time. This week in church we had a lesson about agency. We are extremely lucky to have the freedom to choose. There is a consequence to every choice whether good or bad. Thomas S. Monson gave a talk in the April General Conference I think and it was on choosing. He talked about Alice in Wonderland and how she came across a split in the path and didn't know which one to choose. The Cheshire cat asked where she was going and she didn't know. Then the cat said that it doesn't matter which way you go. We know where want to go. We have that knowledge of which path we should take. The next step is to choose. Choose the path that will take us where we want to go. The Cheshire cat wasn't exactly the best guide to ALice. Luckily we have much better guides in our lives. We have family, the scriptures, and the Spirit to tell us where we should go. So next time you make a choice, think of where it is you want to go and which path you should take to get there.
I love you all lots. Thank you for your support. I hope you all have a fantastic week and are loving fall. I'm in the same place so my address is the same. I will send pictures later, this computer doesn't have a USB port that I can find.
Love Elder Smith


Min Mor!
Thank you! I will let you know when I get it.
I will be getting a new companion today. His name is Elder Lee. I've never met him. I'm staying in Holbæk for now.
I'm proud of Cooper. Sounds like he is doing a lot better. I miss him.
Thank you for thinking of me. Now maybe I will learn the language. ;)
I found a coat! It's really nice. It's Columbia brand and it's really dark blue. I really like it. I'll send you a picture of me in it sometime.
I really really want ice cream. I haven't lost a single pound and now I'm just sad because I don't have is, candy, and chocolate.
Our bunk bed has been together for a couple weeks now. Believe it or not the IKEA was just like the ones I remember at home. Except all the prices were in crowns and all the signs were Danish. 
That is really weird with the letter. I'm super excited though because now I will get two letters soon! I'm glad you sent it to the apartment I'm still at. :)
Speaking of sending stuff, I know it's early but I thought of some stuff that would actually be useful for me for birthday and christmas stuff. To be honest I don't really need anything so if you just send a letter I will be happy. I already got a bike and a coat and food. But anyway things I could use are a new USB or SD card. I lost the SD card I was using for music, so now I just have the one in my camera. If you get me one sooner that I can use you could just stick it in an envelope and send it to me sooner. That would probably be cheaper. You could put good approved missionary music on it if you wanted to. These are some foods they don't have here. Flamin hot cheetos (or any crunchy cheetos. Just the fluffy gross ones), Swedish fish, american chocolate (they have twixes and snickers and kit kats and stuff, but the chocolate tastes different, not better or worse, but different.), beef jerky, muffin or pancake mixes. I could use another comfy t-shirt or two, a Rubiks cube would be fun. Elder Weese taught me how to do one of those haha. Any good talk ideas. Pictures of you guys (you can send me pictures over email if you didn't know). Maybe print off some pictures of me from my facebook of things I used to do, things I can show my companions. Sometimes TJMaxx has Skagen brand watches on clearance for really cheap. They are popular here and I like them a lot. I can't think of anything else. Those are just ideas. You don't have to send me anything really. I don't really need any new clothes right now and I don't need tons of food, so I'm pretty well off. (note for anyone reading this... if you happen to send him any of these things, let me know so we don't send duplicates!)
I love you tons and tons and tons and forever and ever and ever. You are my favorite mom in the world.
Love Ældste Smith

Oh yeah! I also made the group for the mission Christmas choir. I get to do a concert in Copenhagen, Odense, and Aarhus!

Dear Far.
I'm doing pretty well. I hope you saw from my other email I will be getting a new companion. Everything has been good here and I am happy. I love my work. I wish you could do more missionary work. That makes me happy. But it still makes me tired too. Keep working hard. Fall seems to be slowly coming here. We had a couple hot days but it seems like it's starting to change now. That elk hunt was fun. I wish you would have enjoyed it more. I hope you get to go bird hunting too. I've seen some pheasants here. Not a ton but every once in a while. I remember one day we were driving to church and it was raining and out the window there were like 20 of them sitting in a field. I miss ward parties. It sounds like it was a good BBQ. Have there been any big changes in the ward? That sounds like a kind of annoying situation with the skunk. That's pretty weird it stayed in there so long and didn't die. Skunks are annoying. I've been trying my best to give my all. I read a talk from Jeffrey R. Holland and he said how the apostles have given their life to the church then they are pleading and praying that we give it to years and put our whole heart into it. I'm here so there is no point in not giving my all. I've really been trying to give my heart to the Lord and entirely give in to his will. I am excited for the next while of my mission. Thank you for being my dad. I love you and miss you. Thank you for everything. Have a good week.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment