Monday, December 12, 2016

Jeg elsker jultid

Well I hope you have all had a great week. Alot has happened so I hope I remember everything.
Tuesday was great, we found two new investigators! After that our week kind of died workwise. On Wednesday I had an operation on my toe because it got an infection. So after that I had to sit in a chair with my foot up the next few days. Friday was transfers and both Elder Olson and I are staying in Aalborg. On Saturday I rode on a train for 4 and a half hours to Copenhagen because we have a Christmas Music Group for the week. We will be doing a concert in Copenhagen, Odense, and Århus. I am super excited. We have been practicing over the past few days and it has been going great. That's about all I can think of for the week. Since I am feeling the Christmas spirit I will tell you all that it is truly an amazing time of year. We get to spend time with those we love and think of the gift of Christ. He is the light of the World. He loves us all and I hope we can keep our focus on him this time of year. I hope you all are having a great December. Have a good week! Sorry I can't send pictures right now. The computer I am at right now doesn't work. They will come later or next week.
Love, Elder Smith


Dear Mother Dear

I really love your light the World experiences. You are a good example. I thought I would be good at the initiative but it has been hard for me to find things. You're awesome. I love how you were able to help Iris serve others. That's awesome. What did the other missionaries have? It's not the Danes in the church just a few on the street. I haven't had anyone complain to me but some of the other missionaries were talking about it.

The toe surgery went well. It was like they have done before but they used a laser! Anyways I had to sit and do nothing for 3 days. Also transfers happened and Elder Olson and I are staying in Aalborg. Also the music group is this week so I am in Copenhagen right now. It is going to be really fun but I hope my toe keeps healing like it's supposed to.

Wow that was quick! I'm glad it came in time. Did you read the papers about Dennis Smith's sculptures? I thought that was cool. I hope the one that got inspected is the best one since it costs money now haha.

I haven't seen the Devotional yet but I really want to. I might just have to print it out and read it. Or download it and listen to it.

The ferris wheel wasn't too cold but it was chilly. It's just a little market with little shops with fudge or candy or hats and stuff.

The investigator that bought drugs was super weird. We won't go back there haha.

I'm pretty sure that you could make risalamande at home. I don't think it has any super crazy ingredients. I really like it. But I bet it would be better with like a raspberry sauce than a cherry sauce.

We wont be at the mission home for Christmas, just a zone conference at a church Building, but it should be really fun. I'm excited. You're the best person to recieve me for a Christmas gift! I love yooouuuuuuuuuu!

Love, Elder Smith

To Dad:
I am doing pretty good. I am finding joy all the time! I will try to be better at making use of our burned appointments. Sometimes we just shrug it off and go somewhere else. 
Mom told me a couple of her experiences with the Light the World initiative. She is pretty cool. That talk by Elder Hales goes perfect with the initiative. I wish I could hear your talks. Haha I'm not surprised you cried though. You are really busy with meetings. I would be tired too. 
Haha I have loved hearing from Grandma and Grandpa. Maybe it will be the perfect amount of "different" for grandma. I like the things that they send. I miss them.
I am super excited to Skype you. I hope plans work too. I told our ward mission leader about the times and he said he would pass the word on so hopefully all that goes well. I don't know if I have any good stories haha.
I love you lots thanks for everything you do. You're a great dad. I miss you. See you on Christmas. Have a good week!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment