Monday, December 26, 2016

Happy Second Christmas!

In Denmark there are 4 days for Christmas. Little Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and second Christmas day. I hope you are all enjoying your second Christmas day!
It has been a slow but good week. We were able to visit some of our investigators over the holidays and bring them cookies. They loved that. One of them even came to our wards Christmas concert. I have loved being with a lot of the members over the past few days and getting to know them. 
We had a zone conference on Thursday. We got to watch finding Dory and have a big dinner. It was great except that all of our packages were stolen. Someone broke the window of the mission van that was holding all the presents and took 2/3 of what was there. All of my packages got stolen. It was sad but that's not the important part of Christmas.
Something Crazy that happened though is that the members of our ward heard about our presents being stolen and they put it on Facebook. Then they all brought tons of gifts to one of the members we ate with. We were overwhelmed with the love and how freely our ward gave to us after hearing about our gifts. 
I guess even though it was hard to go forward with a lot of missionary work over the past few days us and those we have been with have been filled with the spirit. Definitely one of the best weeks of my mission.
I love you all and hope you have had the best Christmas ever. I hope you have pondered over the birth of Jesus and the amazing blessing that is in our lives. Thank you for the support. Have a happy new year!!!
Love, Elder Smith

Pictures for the week:

Hey Mom!
I loved Skyping you all yesterday. It was good to see your faces. I'm sorry about the gifts, I was sad about it and I got over it quick, but I feel bad for you and anyone that sent me gifts. I was also sad when I found out you made a quilt. I hope you forgive me for not crying. I hope whoever stole the gifts likes the picture of my grandparents.
It's okay that you don't pronounce things right. I'm sure if you lived here you would be better than me at Denmark. It is fun learning a new culture things.
I haven't read that talk but I will. I actually read one on the 23rd in the stack of questions I got also by Elder Holland. It was about the same kind of thing. I liked it.
Thanks for being the best mom ever. I love you more than anything. I hope you have a super happy awesome new year. Keep being amazing.
See you on Mother’s Day! 
Elder Smith


Hey Dad,
I loved talking to you yesterday. I am definitely happy. I'm sorry for all of you that the gifts got stolen. I feel worse for you than for me. I can live without things. I have definitely put on a few pounds. I don't care what I look like as long as I feel healthy. They running has been helping with that. I will keep trying to do better. The Christmas season has helped me gain a bigger love for the people. They are a lot nicer when Christmas is involved. Don't worry I won't get homesick because of you, but it was so fun to see you. I loved it so much.
What did you all do for Christmas? I hope things get better with Cooper. I will keep him in my prayers. Did he get a nice guitar? I like playing around on instruments. I don't have time really practice but it is sometimes fun to play little things. I wish we had a punching bag in our apartment. We just have like one 40 pound weight. I just try to do push ups and stuff.
A Garmin watch would be fun. You've turned into mom when it comes to exercise haha. Are you going to lose more weight? Do you have an end goal? 
I'm sorry we aren't little anymore. Now you've had kids on missions the past two Christmas seasons. I'm glad you saw the videos as well.
I hope the weather here doesn't get too much worse. It has been super windy today and rainy. Did you have a white Christmas? Ours was grey.
I love you lots. Thanks for being such a great dad. I'm so grateful for everything you do. Have a happy new year!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment