Monday, February 20, 2017

Sunshine!


Hey everyone! Denmark is finally starting to warm up a bit. Fingers crossed that it keeps warming up. I have also seen the sun a few times this week. 
Nothing too exciting this week. I went on splits with Elder Preece this week. We decided to visit someone in a small town in the middle of nowhere. We took a bus out to a small town where we were to switch to another bus to a smaller town. Our bus to the first town was late so we missed the other bus. We ended up being stuck there for over an hour before we could take the next bus back to Aalborg. It was a big waste of time. But it was fun hanging out with Elder Preece.
We did a lot of knocking the second half of the week and we found a ton of people. They are all just super busy so that will take some time. 
On Friday there was something making a lot of noise on my bike so I decided to figure out what it was and fix it. I started taking it apart and concluded that it was just extremely dirty. I took everything apart and cleaned it. When I was putting it back together I figured out that I did something wrong with the brakes and had to take my bike to the bike shop. So we have been walking the past couple days. It's pretty embarrassing. Oh well.
On Saturday we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Eniko. We talked about prophets and the word of wisdom, which are two pretty big things. She was pretty reluctant to give up coffee but we agreed to give up our favorite dessert while she gives up coffee. 
Yesterday we visited a couple of less active members. They only had a couple of minutes, but we came in and shared a scripture about reading the words of Christ and how they can help us (2 Nephi 32:3) They shared with us how much they had seen the scriptures help them in their lives and how it has been really hard since they have stopped reading and coming to church. They want us to come back and help them come back to church. The spirit was so strong!
The words of Christ can really teach us everything we need to know. If we follow his example as closely as we can, we are doing exactly what we need to be doing. It is amazing how the Book of Mormon and other scriptures can give us the strength we need to do hard things and to grow and learn. I invite you all to continue reading and learning from the scriptures as much as you can. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Stay warm and stay happy. 
Love, Elder Smith


Hey mother,
Well I had a little problem with the brakes on my bike the other day and it is in the shop now. I have to pick it up tomorrow at 3 and I will have to pay like 300 crowns for it. Or 50 dollars. So that sucks. But it would be nice if you could transfer it to my card when you see this so I can pay for it tomorrow. I love you! Thanks!
 Your expensive son and favorite missionary,
Elder Smith

Hi Mom!!
Your life is still pretty interesting. You have done a lot this week.
That is so crazy that Lindsey is married. It is pretty crazy all of the things my friends have been doing. It's kind of sad though too. Things are never the same. Changes are weird.
Sorry about all the dumb money things. I wrote about the brakes in my big email. It was just dumb and annoying and frustrating, but I have my bike now and it works.
It sounds like you guys had an awesome stake conference. That sounds like a really good talk. I love Savior Redeemer of my soul. It makes me cry. We had a good stake conference last week too. There were some good talks.
I don't have very many funny stories. I guess I will have to look a little closer this week and write one down for you. I promise I will. 
I wish Aubrey would come visit me for the weekend. I would like to go for a 10pm walk. It has just started warming up a bit here, but I spoke a bit too soon. Most of today has been rainy and windy, so not too pleasant. It's alright though I'm sure I will see the sun again one of these days.
Thank you for thinking about Eniko. I am so excited for her and hope everything keeps going the way it has been. I am just worried for the later lessons on things. We really don't have a lot more investigators besides Eniko. We have a lot of potential investigators and people we are trying to get appointments with, but we have had a slow transfer besides Eniko. We have only found 2 new investigators in a month.
I love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots times 10000000 to the power of 10 times 6!
Have a good week.
Love, den bedste missionær søn som du har.

Hey pops,
It has been a pretty good one. It was harder at the beginning but it got a lot better. The bike thing was just really annoying and dumb. Eniko is still progressing. She has committed to live the Word of Wisdom this week. Luckily she has no problems with smoking or alcohol and just likes her coffee. I'm scared for the future lessons with her, but I know she can do it.

Ever since I left it seems like you have been doing a lot of different things and I think it's crazy that you found time for them and you are still doing it. I'm sure it's hard sometimes. We hardly ever have much planned when we start our day but it always seems like we run out of time way too fast. I have been doing good at working out in the morning. Still having a hard time eating well.

We had stake conference last week and it was really good. They did it in a little concert hall because the church buildings in our stake aren't big enough to hold everyone. I like how they talked about inviting. We can't force anyone to be ready. We can try and help them prepare, but the most important thing to do is invite. Nothing will ever happen if they aren't invited to do anything. They may be ready and not know it yet, so it is important to give them the opportunity. It sounds like you had a really good conference.

That is crazy that it has been a year since I opened my call. In a week I will have been in Denmark for 8 months. Time is flying.

Thanks for everything you do for me. I love you lots. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment