Monday, August 14, 2017

Røget ål

Goddag!
It has been a good week in Nykøbing. Our investigator Ena is super ready for her baptism which will be in two weeks.
We met two new investigators this week. One of them is named Dorthe and she is from Greenland. She is a super sweet older lady and she even showed up in church yesterday! 
We have been working hard, getting back into the groove after Elder Peels sick week.
Last Monday we ate with some members in the branch and we had some smoked eel. I would highly reccomend it. It was tasty. It's pretty hard to say in danish though.
I got to give a talk in church yesterday. It went alright. I talked about some things I have learned from Preach my Gospel. One of my favorite chapters I talked about was the one about Christlike attributes. It is so important that we as followers of Christ are always trying to be more like him. We will become better servants of the lord and we will have a closer relationship to our Saviour. 
I love you all. Sorry for the short email. Maybe I will have more next week :) Stay happy and get excited for school!
Love, Elder Smith



Hello Mother Dear!

Thanks for sending me stuff. I was thinking about it later in the week and felt bad I was asking for things I don't need because I can get deodorant here. I probably won't ask you to send me stuff again. Sometimes I am thinking and I remember how much money I am costing... :( 

That sounds like fun going to the MTC. Did it make Cooper excited to go there? I heard the new part was really nice. Where is Elder Plant going again? 

That trail race looks fun! I'm glad you all made it and were safe. I'm glad dad is doing something he likes. He has done so much since I've been gone.

That sounds like a pretty hard relay. Good luck haha. How many legs do you have to run? 

I'm doing okay with eating healthy. It is hard. Sometimes I just want a sweet snack and not a carrot. I need to do better with the exersize half of the diet so I can actually lose some weight.

I'm glad you were able to figure out the job. It is sad that there is not enough time to do a lot of different things. It is probably a good thing that you were able to keep doing the things you love. A normal job might be nice. But it doesn't make you who you are.

I love you lots mom. Have a good week :)
Love, Elder Smith


Hey dad!
Good job on your race! that is pretty cool. I don't know if I would be able to run a half marathon on a trail. Sounds like you did pretty good. I told mom I was glad you all made it safe. She didn't tell me you crashed haha, but I guess it is alright as long as you didn't dislocate anything. Are you going to do more races like it? That is fun that you got to catch up with someone from your mission. I hope I get the chance to see a lot of missionaries from my mission later in life.

That also sounds like a fun trip to the MTC. I have heard the new part is really cool. Did you see any missionaries going to Denmark? One of them could be my next companion. 

Nothing crazy exciting has happened this week. It has been good. We have been getting back into the groove after Elder Peel's sick week. We get along really well. We have been working on teaching in unity. But we get along really well. You can read about investigators in the big email. We are pretty excited for the baptism. 

We find out on Saturday what is happening at transfers. I really hope I get to train this time. I'm not one that worries much about things like this, but sometimes it is kind of hard that I haven't trained or been district leader or anything yet, when there are lots of missionaries who haven't been here as long as me are. I don't really care about that stuff. But it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Oh well. All that really matters is that I am a missionary.

Well have a good week. I love ya lots. 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment