Monday, August 28, 2017

2 Dåb!

It has been an awesome and very busy week. We met with a lot of our investigators this week and it was good to meet all of them. We also found a couple of new ones to work with. 
We also visited all the different districts in the zone to present a zone goal. We are going to give out 576 Books this transfer. We are excited and everyone in the zone seems pretty pumped.
On Thursday and Friday we had MLC. When we got there Thursday evening we had Kebab for dinner then went and played basketball. Friday we had some training and that was really good. We are going to have a great zone conference and lots of great things going on in the mission.
On Saturday I was able to travel back to Odense in the morning and see Daniel's baptism. I started teaching him when I was in Seden a few months ago. Right after his baptism, I went to see Ena's baptism. The girl from Nykøbing where I just left. It was such an amazing experience to see these people enter into a covenant with our Heavenly father. It also strengthened my faith so much to see two investigators I taught be baptized. 
The Lord really does prepare people all over the world. He is working on all of his children to help them be ready for the things he asks of us. Keep an eye out for those you can help and for what God is preparing you for. 
I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 
Elder Smith




Here is my new address

Taastrup Hovedgade 40 6,63
2630 Taastrup
Denmark


Hello Mom!!!

Haha I was in the church when all the new missionaries were there and I was talking to people and each time I moved to a new group of people she came and took pictures haha. 

I got to go to the baptisms and they were so great. Daniel didn't know I was coming so he was really excited to see me there. 

I finally got your package haha. I think the deodorant will last. The treats were great. That is sad that cereal is too big. Do they charge you for weight or for size?

I have been on a part of the highline trail before! It is so pretty. That looks like a beautiful area you were at. I can't wait to go backpacking.

Taastrup is fun. It is a weird place. I am not racist or anything, but the town is like 80% immigrants and a lot of them aren't Christian so it is hard to teach a lot of them, but we have a lot of people we are teaching so it's good. The apartment is on the 6th floor of a building and there is an elevator that barely fits Elder Whitaker and I. He is a big guy too. He is a lot taller than me. The first day I got here the elevator wasn't working so we had to carry my 2 suitcases, a duffel bag, a guitar case, and 2 backpacks up the stairs to the apartment. That wasn't too fun. Elder Whitaker and I get along really well. We have a lot of laughs and have similar personalities in some ways. It is a lot of fun. He is from Sandy and has been in Denmark one transfer longer than me. I am in a big ward again. It is the ward that is right in the middle of Copenhagen. There seems to be a lot of good people there.

Yeah it was by Liz Wiseman. It was a great talk. Sometimes I get really into talks and read a ton of them in a week. They are so good.

It is weird that Coop is a junior already. I'm glad you have some good kids. I wish I was more like the rest of them ;)

I am excited for stake conference. I will get to see people from Holbæk, my first area, and people from Nykøbing. I hope you enjoyed conference.

Love you mom. I hope you have a great week. Smile to everyone.

Love, Ældste Smith


Hey Dad,
I am good. The new area is very different. It is in the city and a lot crazier than the little towns I usually serve in. Elder Whitaker is a lot of fun. We get along great. We are the zone leaders in the Sjælland zone. So it is the island that Copenhagen is on. There are 16 companionships. I made it to both the baptisms and they were great. We have a few people that have a lot of potential. A lot of our investigators are at the same level. They are hovering in that spot where if they will act and try things then they will probably be progressing quickly, but it could also go the other way. We will see. 
I feel pretty good about myself as a missionary. I think that all my desires are in the right place and that I am doing things for the right reasons. I definitely wish I was better at achieving my goals and becoming more what I want to become. I have been changing a lot though so I can't complain too much. I have had a lot of ups and downs as far as diligence and love goes, but over the past 6 months or so it has all just gone uphill. I think my relationship with President is good. I don't feel super close to him and I don't know how well he knows me, but I feel like he trusts me and his last few emails to me have been good. He says I am a great missionary and has really enjoyed seeing my success. I wish I knew what one thing all my companions would say about me. From what I have heard they say I am easy to get along with and happy. I don't want to sound prideful while saying this but a couple have also complimented me on being humble and charitable haha. I guess that is good that they would think that about me.
I really want some dutch oven food. That sounds so good. That hike looks beautiful. I have hiked a part of that trail before.
That sounds like a good stake conference. That is a great quote. All you have to do to have more missionary experiences is to make them/ look for them.
I am really excited for general conference. Thanks for the advice and questions that made me think. I love you lots. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment