Monday, August 8, 2016

Davs! (howdy!)

​So this week was pretty fun! On monday Elder Weese and I had a good P-Day. We went looking through stores and we ended up buying suits from a store. They were on sale for 100 crowns. That's less than 15 dollars. When we got home I tried it on and turns out the pants are really tight. Like skin tight. So I can't wear that suit unless I lose 50 pounds. 
My Sister went home on the 3rd from the Phillipines. I can't believe it has been 18 months. I'm a little sad that I wasn't there to welcome her home, but I know she understands because she knows what I'm doing. If any of you see her though give her a hug from me. I miss her lot's.
On Wednesday and Thursday we had splits with our District leader in Nykøbing. It was a beautiful drive and a beautiful place. Lot's of my pictures this week are of sunsets and skies because Denmark has the most amazing skies.
While we were on splits Elder Weese picked up a sickness from one of the Elders down there so we ended up staying in on Friday. Elder Weese slept on the couch most of the day and I caught up on some Book of Mormon reading and writing home. I also got a lot of cleaning done. Elder Weese is feeling a little better so we will get back to work this week. 
I finished my first transfer! Today marks the first day of my second transfer. That means I'm halfway done with training and I've almost been on my mission for 3 months. Time flies even though there are days that seem to last forever. I've loved it though and I can't even put into words how much I've learned so far.
We finished of the week with a great fast Sunday. I've been having a very hard time with Sundays due to my lack of ability to understand very much Danish. Sunday is normally a day filled with headaches, tiredness, frustration, and I haven't been a huge fan of them. This Sunday I was blessed. I spent most of Saturday praying for help, promising the Lord I would do anything for help. When Sunday came around, I won't say I understood anymore, because I didn't. However, I was able to stay awake the whole block, I wasn't too tired, and I didn't have a single headache. I was truly grateful because on a day as special as the sabbath, it has been difficult to not enjoy it. I would challenge you all to look for ways you have been blessed. I could have still been upset because I still couldn't understand, but instead I decided to be grateful because I was helped. Sometimes our blessings don't come exactly how we wanted them. Look for the good in everything.
I love you all tons and tons! Thank you for your support and kærlighed. Thank you for your examples to me. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I do have pictures this week sorry if you don't like beautiful skies and the ocean. Also let me know if you think of a great name for my bike.
MKH
Ældste Smith
















 To Dad:
I am so proud of Aubrey. I can't believe she's home. I have learned so much from her and she is a good example. Why was her day so hard? I'm glad she is doing well. I'm sorry about Coop. I think of him a lot. High school is hard. I wish I was super good at Danish. Aubrey probably had to speak tagalog with all of her companions. Did you speak the mission language a lot? Also were you ever a DL or ZL or anything? I'm really excited to skype greenland. That will be really cool. We taught a lesson this week to a new investigator we have and she reffered herself. I'm really excited to teach her and I hope things go well. That sounds cool with the missionary work. Good luck finding someone. Tell me how it goes. Remember that the missionaries need your help. Sounds like you've had a great summer. I love you lots. Thank you for the advice. You help a lot. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Smith


To Mom:

 I can't believe my sister is home. That is so crazy. I bet waiting that long made it even more worth it.
My bike is awesome. I sent a picture of it in my group email. I haven't gotten your letter yet but I sent another one home the other day. I sent some of my favorite candy in this one. You'll have to tell me if you like them. hahaha
The temple session was in English. We decided we weren't quite ready for Danish yet. I'm glad it wasn't because I liked feeling calm. Haha. I can go to the temple on a Pday once every other transfer, and only if I'm on Sjæland. So not often. And we have to pay our own way to Copenhagen if we do. 
I haven't made it to Alma 30 yet. It's super hard. Try hard to find someone. The missionaries will be so proud of you if you do. Remember to be bold and tell them how important it is. 
I'm glad your violin camp went good. Grandmas are the best. I can't wait to get her next letter. She is really good at  letters.
I keep working at the language it's just hard. It has gotten easier its just really really really really really really slow. Elder Weese is doing good. I'm grateful we have a good relationship. We aren't just enduring eachother we are actually friends and have fun together. We haven't broken anything else. Companionship study is good. We talk about our own study and talk about our investigators and ways to help them. Sometimes we get into deep gospel discussions about repentance or heaven or something but it's good.
It doesn't look like I'm on Christians list but I told him to. It's hard to read other missionaries emails because we don't have a lot of time to email. In the MTC I used to print of missionary emails and read them later. Maybe I should do that. I hope he is doing good though. The MTC is great.
Our cookies were tasty. Danes can't make them because they are used to making Danish pastries that are just tons of butter and sugar then cooked till they are cooked if that makes sense. They overcook the cookies because they are completely different from what they cook. 
My clothes are holding up well. One of my CTR pants ripped in the MTC but I got it fixed there. Then at some point one of the pockets did the same thing it did before. I haven't fixed that yet. Elder Weese said his had done that before. I really need my pants to hold up because I don't fit into European pants. My legs are too fat.
It rains a lot and sometimes it rains hard, but we are usually lucky enough to be inside or outside at the right times. But when we do get wet, we get really really wet.
I didn't make fun of you for naming your car. You wouldn't use the name I told you to use. haha. I'm not naming it mom. 
I will be there for probably at least 3 months. Yeah if they go to the mission office they will just take longer.
Groceries and cooking are going much better. It was hard the first month and I ran out of money because I wasn't buying the right things but it's going better. I need lots of options because they actually don't have a lot of things here or they are very different. It's interesting.
We haven't gone back to the family yet but hopefully this weekend we will have an appointment scheduled. They had two little boys.
I love you forever and ever.
Love Elder Smith
Du er en fantastisk mor, men din Dansk er ikke så godt... Jeg elsker dig!
(You are a fantastic mother, but your Danish is not so good. mom's note: haha!! I use google translate to try to say things to Elder Smith in Danish. Apparently it's not very accurate. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment