Monday, August 1, 2016

Training and Temple


It's been another fantastic week in Denmark. I'm loving it. Even when it's hard and I don't want to love it. I'm learning and growing every day. So I finally got a bike this week! I'm not sure what to name her yet but she's been very helpful to me already.
Something super awesome that happened this week was my 30 day training. I have been in Denmark for 30 days so they have a special training for all the new missionaries. Our mission president, his wife, and the assistants taught us a ton about being more effective missionaries and following the guidance that has been given to us. It was a great training. To top it off I was able to go to a session at the temple in Copenhagen. It was so beautiful and peaceful. After all the crazy things that have been happening and everything that is so unfamiliar, it was great to sit down and do something that I am familiar with and always brings me peace. So all in all I loved the training I had this week.
This week I have really been focusing on learning how to recieve promptings from the Spirit and be guided in our work. It was hard at first. I'm not sure how to recognize those promptings. I'm not sure if I'm worthy of those promptings, so how does that work? It came out to be a rough first few days because I wasn't sure what to do. I want to be guided by the Spirit my whole mission. I kept studying and praying for the Spirit, and things started falling into place. We recieved a great referal that we are going to be teaching now, we found a small family while knocking that is willing to meet with us, and I truly think we have been guided by the spirit in all of our work. We have been told where to go, what to do, and what to say. After this week I am going to continue to strive to learn more about the Spirit. I want to continue to be led. Something I have learned from this is that when we are blessed with something or given something we can't take it for granted. If I stop seeking out the Spirit and stop praying for help, I won't get any. When we recieve gifts and blessings we have to continue to work for them and ask for them and I know that if we do that, then we will continue to recieve and become stronger spiritually.
Thank you all for your support and help. I appreciate each and every one of you. I look to you all as examples and love hearing from you. Thanks for all you do. I hope everyone has a great week! Har det godt!
Love, Ældste Smith
Also, if anyone wants to write me here is my address:
Rolighedsvej 1 1.tv
4300 Holbæk, Denmark

Pictures:
Sometimes it rains A LOT in Denmark. We got soaked in 2 minute walk to our car.
We made 150 chocolate chip cookies for our ward lunch. Danes love cookies but they can't make them haha. I look classy on a train.

MOOOMMM
I can't believe Aubrey is going home so soon. It's crazy. I'm sad I won't get to see her, but I'm glad she has been such a big example to me. I don't know a better way of getting me money. If you made the withdraw limit bigger it would be easier to withdraw money, but I shouldn't have to do that very often. Or if I had more access to my account I could do more. It's just hard because I can't just call you and have you put money on, or go to a wells fargo and get what I need. I did get a bike. Nothing else yet. We are going to be looking around today so it would be nice to have some money if I find a coat.
I loved the training and the food. Nothing super special and I don't really have a favorite. I haven't gotten any letters besides grandmas. I got the emailed one. The temple was awesome. It was a little bigger than Vernals i think. It was very simple and calm. I'll try and take pictures of our appartment and the sea for you. I sucked and didn't make it to Alma 30 but I'll do better. I mark my scriptures lots. I still like the holy tabbs. Good luck with your camp. I hope it goes well. I wish I could hear you play the violin. Church is still hard. I still can't understand more. I am better at staying awake though so that's good. I can't believe Christian has almost gone. Why was it so short? Was he nervous? Sorry about google translate. Stole på herren means rely on the Lord. prove at siger was partly my fault. it was supposed to be prøve. But it means try to say. Good job with your Dansk :) try DuoLingo and learn it haha.
I love you to the moon and back 270000 times!!!
Love, din søn Ældste Smith

Hello Father!
I'm doing pretty good. 30 day training was so good. I'm glad you saw all the pictures because I didn't take any there. I learned tons. The language is still hard. Sundays are the hardest days for me but it's coming along. The meeting was in English. As far as I know all the meetings here are in English. Sometimes I think they should be Danish but then I'm glad they aren't because I like to understand them. We have had some good luck with the people we are teaching. He is still progressing and we have found some new investigators who are ready to learn. We are working hard and I try to eat healthy. I did finally get a bike. It was expensive and took forever to find one, but I got one. We drive a car if we have to leave town. If we are in Holbæk we just walk or bike. We have 2500 kilometers a month. We have a little phone. It's nothing fancy. Just a little brick phone. I hear some music, it seems similar to the stuff in the US. I haven't heard a ton. We do most of our finding in towns and cities but ocassionaly we have stuff in more rural areas. It's so crazy Aubrey is coming home. It's so awesome. I love my mission president and his wife. They are the most friendly people and I can see how much they care about us. Sometimes I mess around on a piano or Elder Weeses guitar but not a ton. We sing in Danish when we sing hymns. That's some crazy stuff with the stores. How have your guys been? I miss camping. I'm sure it was a good trip and probably was needed haha. Keep working out and staying fit. I need to lose weight. Have you read your Vietnamese book of mormon yet? You should. Thanks for everything and all you do. Thank you for your example. I love you lots.
Love Elder Smith



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment