Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017!

Wow time is flying and it is already 2017. This week has been pretty exciting.
On Monday we had an eating appointment during the day so we emailed from the church in the evening. After we were done we went out to bike home and the wind was crazy! It was the windiest day I have seen here so biking home was an adventure.
Over the last few days things have been falling back into normal and we have been on our usual schedule. It felt good to knock some doors again.
We had splits with the Elders from Frederikshavn and that was fun, but we ate almost all of our Christmas candy we had left. I only gained a couple of pounds.
We had a great new year's celebration with some members of the ward. We had to be at our apartment at 9:30 so we didn't get to stay for fireworks but we watched from our apartment. We are kind of inbetween a lot of tall apartment buildings on narrow streets so we couldn't see much, but we climbed to the top of our stairwell and sat in the window where we could see out and it worked pretty well. 
Danes go crazy for fireworks on new years. They wear their best clothes and go and party and spend toooooonnns of money on fireworks and it's just insane. I have a couple of videos so you can see what I mean.
Well that's about it for the week. I hope you have all had a great holidays season. Something we have been sharing with the members is spiritual new year's resolutions. We share Alma 37:35-37 and talk about how this is a great time to counsel with our Father about the things we want to accomplish and improve. I have been working on it myself and I am really excited for the new year. I hope you all have something among your new year's resolutions that will bring you closer to your Father in Heaven and bring a special spirit throughout the year. I love you all and hope you have a good week!
Godt nytår!
Elder Smith


Dear Dad,
The celebration here is crazy! Everyone parties all night and get's drunk and then goes crazy with fireworks.
That is crazy that I won't see you the entire year.
That is fun that Aubrey was able to stay a little longer. I don't know if I believe that you played games the whole time haha. What games did you play? Did you fight at all? Did you like the games?
I like crappy food. I'm going to start doing better. Luckily there won't be people giving us meat and potatoes every day now.
Elder Olson and I have been running every morning the past few weeks. It sucks trying to get going but it's worth it afterwards. Trail runs sound like fun. There aren't really opportunities for that here.
That is really cool with the Pathway thing. What kind of classes are you taking now? I think that sounds like a lot of fun. What are you going to do after the 3 semesters? Do you have an idea? I guess it's good that part of that study is a religion class so that will be a helpful thing. I'm excited to hear about how it goes. Work hard in school dad :)
Well before you know it you will see my face again for mother's day. I'm glad you had a happy holiday season. I love you lots and I am glad you have been doing well. You are a huge example to me. Thanks for being my dad. Have a great week!
Love, Ældste Smith

Hi Mom!
That is pretty weird that I won't see you in person for an entire year.
I like your new year's resolution. Everyone needs to laugh more. Especially the people who frown when I talk to them. I have a lot of things that I want to work on and I set some really good goals this morning in personal study. So I hope that goes well. They will help me a lot spiritually.
I don't know how I will do with eating healthy because I bought ice cream when we got groceries. I told myself I wouldn't but it was on sale. It is the best ice cream I have had in Denmark. BUT I have been eating healthy as far as actual meals go.
You and dad are crybabies haha. Aubrey hasn't been home forever but you cry after giving her up after a week. Silly parents. I miss Aubrey too. I can't wait to see her.
I have definitely been happy here over the holidays. I thought it would be harder and it was hard but at the same time it was such a great experience.
I will sit on your lap and hug you when I get home. but I will try to lose some weight first because I am fat.
Sounds like you had a great new years eve. I can't believe dad played games. That's crazy!
I wish I could have heard Coop's talk. It sounds great. I'm not much for writing down the words of my talks either so I guess no one will read our family's talks. Maybe one day we will be good enough to have someone else write them down for us. I'm partial to my paper scriptures as well especially since we don't have that technology stuff in this mission. It's kind of funny because most other Europe missions have a lot of stuff like that.
I don't usually get cold in church but every once in a while it gets really hot. Our ward had church at 12:00 instead of 10:30 because it was just sacrament meeting so that was nice.
I love you lots mommy! Thanks for being you. You're the best. Have a good week!!!
Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment