Monday, March 13, 2017

Hmmm

Well I guess I have a few things this week. I mentioned last week getting a new companion Elder Hager. We have had an awesome time together. He comes from St. George and is a swimmer. He is also way good at guitar. We have a lot of fun.
We did a lot more knocking this week and it was good. We found more people to meet with. We haven't had a chance to meet with a lot of the ones we already found, but now we have more! Yay!
Sunday was cool! We were in church and I was holding the door and this guy I have never seen before came in and asked if he was allowed to stay. I said of course and he stayed all of church. Turns out he has talked to missionaries before and he wants to be baptised. He is homeless and has some smoking problems but we are way excited to start meeting with him. Hopefully all goes well.
That's about all I have this week. Today we went bowling and that was super fun. I don't have much to say about that though. I lost every match. It's okay though. I learned from it. Sometimes life is like bowling. You may not be so good at it but you can still have a fun time because you're bowling with your friends. 
I love you all! Have a great week! 
Love, Elder Smith


Dear mother,

Haha I love called to serve. We sing it at every zone training or conference.

I like whatever reese's. Yes the small cadbury eggs. :) I don't think there is anything else I need. maybe a bag of flamin hot cheetos haha. I got a package this week from my friend John and his mom! It was awesome. They are so nice. They said it was a delayed christmas package full of candy and ramen noodles and a couple ties.

Elder Hager is awesome! He is from St. George. He is also a swimmer and is really good at guitar. He has been out for a year and a half. We have had a lot of fun so far.
Knocking on doors has been good. Slow but good. We have a lot of potentials. It has just been hard to meet with them all.

I have a funny story but it might not be that funny. You will smile though. Our apartment is really big and we have a little basketball hoop with like four small nerf basketballs. I was shooting hoops and Elder Hager blocked one and it hit me in the face so it turned into a war. It was fun. I guess it's not that funny.

Most Danish people speak Danish to us. Some switch but most of the time we speak Danish. I feel like I understand almost everything that is said. Depending on the person who is speaking. Almost every Dane knows we are american. It is almost impossible for an american to sound Danish even after being here for a long time. Some danes like americans and some don't most of them are fine with us though haha.

We were all cooking together when we had 4 missionaries in the apartment, but now it is 2 again and we like to get stuff seperately. So unless we plan a meal together we just make our own stuff.

That's crazy that Todd got his call. There are a lot of missionaries coming over here to Europe.

I'm glad you got to do the wedding. It sounds fun. It is really sad that a lot of girls have that problem. I can't really imagine how it feels to be in their position, but it makes me sad. I don't hear a lot from Kelsey Sims, but I hope she is doing better with all of that.

Haha I like baby kyllinger. I hope they all live. I'm glad they are cute.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Smith

Hey Dad!
Things are good. It was pretty nice and sunny this week. I think it might be on the uphill, knock on wood. I like my new companion a lot. He is from St. George and has been out a year and a half. He is a swimmer and we get along great. We have been learning a lot from each other.
I'm glad you finally got spring after all that snow.
The chicks sound fun. I hope they all live. If 2 are roosters do you have to get rid of one?
You have been doing good with exercise. I will admit I have been slacking recently. I wish I had more time and better means of exercise like a pool or a gym, but I guess that's not important. I have been eating alright. I just eat a lot. I should probably lose some weight before I go home so you aren't so much lighter than me.
I'm glad I am serving a mission. It has been the best thing ever for me. It is like a roller coaster of ups and downs. I have never counted in a week how many times I have thought I want to go home and how many times I have thought how much I love my mission, but I'm sure it's a lot. It's pretty weird how fast it can switch. I love it though. Even when it is hard and we can't find a single person to teach. I know I'm doing the right thing. If you have any suggestions on how to have a better study that would be awesome. It seems like at the beginning of my mission I was so much more focused and learned so much more, but now I feel like I never have enough time and I don't get anything done. 
I love you lots. Thanks for everything you do for me. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment