Monday, March 6, 2017

Staying in Aalborg!

Well the transfer ended this week and I will be staying here in Aalborg, but my companion Elder Halling left the area. I get a new companion today, Elder Hager. He seems like a fun guy and it should be good. I am glad I get to stay here though because I really like it.
It hasn't been too exciting this week. We met with Eniko on Tuesday and she dropped us so now we don't really have any investigators, But we also have done a lot of knocking and have found tons of people who want to meet with us so that will be great.
That's about all that happened this week. Sorry it hasn't been too exciting.
Just want you all to know that I have a testimony of God's plan for us and that he knows what we need and when we need it. Have faith in His knowledge and trust Him. Everything happens for a reason. As well as having faith in His plan, strive everyday to understand it. It will be a bigger blessing and you will have more gratitude towards it. 
Have a great week! I love you all.
Love, Elder Smith

Hey dad!
It has been a pretty good week. Sadly E. didn't make it to church this week and she dropped us. It was pretty hard. We have been doing a lot of finding but still haven't found any new investigators. A couple people have listened to us, we just haven't gotten any more appointments quite yet.

I really like those scriptures from Jacob. There are so many good things from those chapters. President O'Bryant shared something from chapter 5 in his email the other week about how God knew what he was doing in the vinyard even though things seemed hopeless at times. It was awesome. I will be sure to study 1 corinthians 13 sometime this week and tell you about it.

Things are good here. We may be in a bit of a rut, but I'm not discouraged right now. I know that things will pick up. It is sometimes hard to have charity and love. I have days where I don't want to talk to another Danish person, but then I know that so many of them are just raised in this culture and don't understand why it is we are trying to tell them to change. So I love them, it is just hard sometimes. I will keep working hard. 

Thanks for the scriptures and the uplifting thoughts. I love you lots. Thank you for being a good example. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith

Dearest Mother,

I am doing pretty swell. Thanks for thinking about me and praying for me.
I really dislike mud. We have had a lot of rain and wind. Not a good combination. Sorry that the amount of snow was a terrible inbetween. Remember when you and Coop and I went cc skiing? That was fun.
Yeah it sounds like a lot of missionaries are going to be coming to the mission in the summer. There are so many who are going to be leaving. 5 are coming to the mission tomorrow. Transfers was a surprise for me because I am staying in Aalborg but Elder Halling left the area. It was weird because he has only been here for a transfer. But it looks like I'm staying for a while longer!
I never got any results back for the test. Probably will sometime soon.
I don't have any funny stories this week. I probably have some but I can't remember anything when it is time to email. I will try this week. I will make it a goal.
If you have more questions about the area or Denmark I will answer them for you but I'm not good at coming up with stuff.

I could use some Fiji deodorant. I can't think of anything else that I need. You can definitely send the continuous atonement book. I have had tons of questions about the atonement that I can't find answers too. I have had some good studies and learned a lot, but I keep finding more questions.

I don't have a favorite area so far. Every area has it's challenges and every area has it's pros. But I love both Holbæk and Aalborg.

I usually eat stuff like sauce and meat and vegetables. We actually have had a good variety lately like Burritos, homemade mac and cheese, mashed potatoes with tons of stuff. A while ago we made frikadeller, the danish pork meatballs. It was pretty good. I try my best to eat fruits and veggies. I don't use the meal cards that much but I have looked through them a few times for ideas.

So I'm not sure what his mission is like as far as what they wear is but most people just want to buy new clothes when they get to Europe. I'm fine with everything I have except the pocket on the CTR pants always rip. The socks are fine. The shirts are fine. It might be good to find stuff like suits at a non "missionary outfitter" store. And just find a good suit and stuff other places. I guess I don't know that much about it though. I just don't care about looking too american as long as my clothes hold up.

It is pretty crazy that people are starting to get mission calls again. And that my friends are getting married. That's just weird. 

I love you sooooooooooooooooooo much! Have a good, happy week.

Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment