Monday, March 27, 2017

Påske kommer!

Well it's been a good one. Elder Hager and I have stayed busy and had a lot of fun.
On Monday we kind of just walked around. We were in a store and spotted some chocolate bunnies that were around 1 foot tall. So we bought them.
We had soccer on Saturday and it was fun. Our ward mission leader's family was visiting from Norway so they were all speaking Norwegian and it was super confusing.
We met with our new investigators Jan and Maria on Saturday as well. We talked about the plan of salvation and baptism. They accepted the invitation to be baptised! We don't have a date, but they are on their way! They also came to church again on Sunday which was great. 
The secretary in the bishopric called me on Saturday night and asked if I could share my testimony because one of the talks backed out, it went pretty well and I didn't mess up too bad on my Danish. 
That's about everything exciting for the week. Yesterday evening we had an eating appointment with some members and we shared a spiritual thought about the scriptures. Think of a scripture you like a lot, maybe your favorite, and then why you like it. Then we shared 1 Nephi 19:23. Almost every time you have a scripture that you like or learned from, it is because you applied it to yourself. If we apply the scriptures to our own lives and situations, they will become more meaningful and understandable. Here is the invitation. Think of a scripture that you have applied to yourself and learned from and think of those around you, member or nonmember. Pick out one who may be in a similar situation, who could use the same guidance you have received from a special scripture and send it to them.
Well I love you all. Thanks for being you. I hope you all are preparing for conference. I am really looking forward to it. Have a good week!

Elder Smith



Hi Super Mom!

I'm sorry I don't do more with my musical skills. I will look for more opportunities.

That's a good joke haha.We were eating with a member on Sunday and one of the members was pretending to speak Japanese for some reason and then she started laughing. She has the funniest laugh ever and we all just died laughing haha. I guess you have to hear it for that one to be funny. I'm really bad at this funny story game.

The sent from a library was me haha. I did it because yours said from your iPhone.

You guys always do stuff with Aubrey haha. I can't believe you got ice cream without me. You can't eat any ice cream until I get home. Is this Rockwell's place amazing? I think I recognize the name Sydney Moon. Was beauty and the beast good! There are posters for it everywhere.

I remember craters in the moon. That was crazy.

I will try not to grow out of my pants, but I am looking for another pair. Two of mine are starting to fall apart. I sewed one up a bit though haha.

That backpacking trip sounds super fun. Why are you doing that now? I thought we were going to do that a really long time ago with me. I will pray for you. I'm sorry about that one day too. I think we both had different trips in mind that day.

I love you mommy. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith


Hi Dad,
I'm doin' swell. It has been good. The weather is getting better finally. Thank goodness. The neatest thing I saw all week. Hmm. No cool buildings or anything but Elder Hager played an awesome arrangement of Ye Elders of Israel on the guitar and it was awesome. We took the train out to a little town and there were a lot of fields and that is always good scenery. 
It would be cool if you had an odometer that said how far you've driven in your entire lifetime. What is Cooper going to drive when he gets his license? 
That skype session sounds fun. I am excited for May. I am also excited when we can play a good game of Settlers together. 
I don't think you will ever run out of things to burn on that little farm. I miss our yard work bonfires. Milk and Cookies is fun. I miss mountain biking a lot. I like to take little bike trails to places if I can because it feels a little like mountain biking. You are turning into a crazy runner like mom haha.
I love you lots dad. Thanks for the advice and love and support. Have a good week.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment