Monday, September 4, 2017

Miracles


Well we had a pretty good week. We have been really busy. We had splits twice and that was fun. I got to go with one of the new missionaries, Elder Hunsaker. He is down in Nykøbing, my last area, so I had fun talking to him about that and getting to know him. We had a birthday lunch for one of the Sisters in our district and made a huge Danish meal. Elder Whitaker and I made patatoes and brune kartofler. It was really good food. 
We have stayed busy teaching people and finding and that has been going well. We had a couple miracles I will tell you about in a minute, but we also had a great appointment with some of our investigators, the Hansen family. They set a baptismal date for September 30th! 
Well I don't have much else to say but here are a couple miracles we had this week. One of them was on Monday and we were knocking. We were running out of time, but both of us had a feeling we could give out one more book. We kept knocking and no one was giving the time of day. We were about to give up and call it a night, but we decided to knock one last door. A smiling lady answered and was very excited to take a book. She said if we came all the way from America and learned Danish then we were more than welcome to come again and share our message. We are looking forward to that. Another experience we had was on Wednesday. We were deciding where to knock and I was looking at our map. We saw a really small town, one of those that have 2 or 3 streets connecting out far away from the city. We decided to give it a try. We started knocking and we were not having any success. After a lot of doors it was about time to go. Again we decided to try one last door. As we were walking towards the house we saw a lady with a wheelbarrow filled with hay walking. The house was also a stable where lots of people keep their horses, so there were other people around as well. We walked up to the lady and told her who we were and started telling her about the Book of Mormon and how it guides us. She was very excited to take the book. After she took it she told us of her own experience from a few days earlier. She was reading about something on Facebook about a lot of people who were led away from their faith and that scared her. She said a prayer that God wouldn't let her be led away and that he would guide her. Then a few days later we show up with the Book of Mormon. She really took that as a sign and she is excited that we are going to come meet with her and tell her about it. It was such an awesome experience. 
I will end by saying that there are still miracles today and if we keep an eye out we will see them. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Smith


Hey Mom!
I am doing good this week. The missionæring as they say it in Danish is going well. We set a family of 3 on date this week!
Elder Whitaker ate most of the treats the first day I got it haha. We just ate them all in the car. 
That sounds like fun. I hope Coop is enjoying the trip.
That is a scary story. I'm glad they were okay. I don't know them so they must be new ones on the swim team. That is scary it took the ambulance and police so long to come. Is sterling merrell in the maser first ward? 
It was 576 books because that is 36 books per companionship which is 6 per week. The zone is going super hard on it so it is really fun. We have given out 222 so far.
I think I finished my Duty to God, but I'm not sure. That is cool that you are all working on it together.
I love you lots and lots and lots. Sorry for the short email. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey dad,
It has been a good week. We have been pretty busy. We had splits twice this week and have been teaching a lot. We have to give a training on Tuesday and that should be fun. Our investigators are good. Funny you ask about families, because we just put a family of 3 on date. That was pretty exciting. The ward is big, but I don't know much about them yet. There are always visitors, because it is right in the middle of Copenhagen. We have had a couple eating appointmetns these first 2 weeks.
Haha what made you get burned out on running? Do you still like trail running? What kind of race is it in October?
I'm glad you got to go to the reunion. That is sad that mom missed the concert, but I'm glad you got to be with family. I always hate trying to decide between two good things.
I hope you have a good time on your backpacking trip. That is kind of cool that all your camping trips this year have been backpacking trips.
I definitely have been coming home tired the past couple weeks. The sad part is it doesn't feel like we have enough time to do all the things we need to do. Thanks for the email. Thanks for the advice.
I love you dad!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment