Monday, February 5, 2018

Aalborg round 2

Big news! I got transferred back to Aalborg, my second area in the mission. It has been about 10 months since I was last here and I was here for about 6 months the first time. I am super excited to be here! My new companion is Elder Hunsaker, one of my favorite missionaries in Denmark. He was in my zone for the three transfers I was in Taastrup and we have gone on splits a few times. This is going to be an awesome transfer.

So this week was pretty good. We got loaded up with finding, teaching, eating appointments with members, splits. A well rounded week.

We found a chinese girl named Phyllis who took a Book of Mormon and is excited to read it. She is very interested actually. She is excited for the missionaries to teach her, because she said she was going to need them if she was gonna understand that book.

On Saturday we got the call from President that I was being transferred. I am sad to be leaving this area and this ward after such a short time, but like I said before. It is gonna be a blast. 

I was studying about miracles this week and it was interesting. Miracles are not for the purpose of building our faith. They are a blessing, reward, or sign of our faith. I learned that our faith cannot be built upon signs and miracles alone, but that we must build our faith off of other means such as doing things to come closer to Christ. I have had the chance to see many miracles on my mission and we all see miracles throughout our lives, but it is important for us to see where our faith stands and ask ourselves if we would believe without seeing miracles. I hope we can. I hope we pray and study the scriptures in order to build our relationship and faith in Christ, because if we do that, it won't fail.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Smith

To Mom:
Hey! Good job on the race! You are fast! 24:32 is a good time, faster than I could run it right now.
I'm glad you had a good birthday. You are getting pretty old!!!
Haha I think it's funny that everyone in town knows you and your talents and they really help you put them to use! You're awesome!!
That is cool that you are trying to learn cello! I think you will pick it up pretty quick! Du er dygtig!
The weather is getting colder and rainier every day! :) Things with Elder Saviano have been good. I am going to miss him a lot.
Here is a funny story about the BYU application. So yeah I got it in in time and then the next day I get an email from BYU saying that they extended the deadline to Feb. 6th! So I guess I was actually early! I haven't looked at the FAFSA stuff. I will try to figure that out soon.
I did get the email sent and he did it for me. I am grateful he was so willing to help. It should be out of the way for a while now thank goodness.
I love you lots. Have a good week! Thanks for being my mom!
Love, Elder Smith



Hey dad! Things are going well. I have been busy with missionary work. Unfortunately the school stuff was distracting for a day or two, but I did almost all of it on Pdays.
The temple was great. It was a little weird and felt sadly unfamiliar, but it was still peaceful and great. The zone is amazing. I am going to miss them quite a bit. They all did great this last transfer.
That sounds like a good birthday with mom. I'm glad you could be with her.
How is the homework going? Do you like your classes? Keep up the good work.
Who won the superbowl? That sounds like fun.
I love you lots. I hope you have a great week! Thank you for being my dad!
Love, Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment