Monday, January 29, 2018

Splits and finding


Hey everyone! It's been a great week here in Kolding and it is still cold and rainy!

Elder Saviano and I found a lot of new people to work with so these next couple of weeks should go really well.

We had splits on Tuesday with the Elders from Seden. I was with Elder Birch. He is such an awesome missionary and one of my good friends in the mission. 

The next day we had splits with the Elders from Fredericia and I was with Elder Woodforth. That was fun too. He is from Australia and we went knocking for a pretty long time so it was fun to get to know eachother. 

We had interviews with President on Thursday and those went alright. He mostly talked about how he wants splits in the mission to be more effective and stuff but it was a good interview. 

It was a good week though. Everything is good. Nothing too crazy going on, but we are staying busy and happy. We were able to sing in church on Sunday as a missionary group. We sang O, My Father and it went well. I really have enjoyed church. The members here are great and great members always remind me how important members are in missionary work. I know that when members are involved it makes a black and white difference on how well the work is going. I hope all of you are doing good member missionary work at home. If you don't know the missionaries in your area then you should probably invite them over and see how you can help in the Lord's work! I love you all and hope you have a great week. 

Love, Elder Smith


Hello Mother Dear!

Haha I'm sorry I confused you. I'm not technically supposed to send emails on Friday, but I want to try to get the school stuff done as fast as possible.

That sounds like a fun trail run. I'm glad you didn't get eaten. You're a tough one haha. 

We don't have any snow on the ground right now but it is still cold and it is raining right now :) We haven't fixed the bike yet. We have just been taking busses. I would probably send him with 3 pairs of shoes at least two of them black. The johnston and murphy ones have held up well. I just wore the black ones more and had used them a bit before my mission. A lot of elders have eccos and they hold together well. It also depends on where he goes on his mission. If he is in the states it probably won't be as annoying haha.

We didn't quite hit our goal but you are right, we did much better than we usually do. We just need to keep that motivation moving. I like that quote.

I love you lots! Sorry for the short email! I need to finish the BYU essays I have a couple days and this is my last pday so I need to make it worth the time.

Love, Elder Smith


Hey! I am doing well! I'm also glad you were able to send an email. I enjoy it when things are busy but sometimes that makes things go by too fast. Slow days are hard though. I wish the days went by fast and that time as a whole went by slower. It is kind of the opposite though.

I'm glad the trip was good. I hope things will go better out in Salt Lake.

Things have been cold here but not too bad. The rain and wind are the worst part. It is colder at home than it is here.

You and mom always have stories about your runs being longer than planned haha. I'm starting to think you do it on purpose. It's like that studio c where they are addicted to running.

I wish I could hear your talks. I'm sure you have said some great things and that you are a great speaker..

Things have been going well. It was weird getting my flight plans. I hope these next couple transfers go well. I hope I can get all this school stuff done. I love you lots. Thanks for everything.

I'm sorry for the short email, but I have to get some of the essay stuff done. Have a good week!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment