Monday, March 12, 2018

Snow!

Hey everyone! Happy Monday :)

It was a good week here in Aalborg. Elder Hunsaker and I are beginning the last week of the transfer and then we will find out if we are both staying here or not this Saturday. Pretty crazy to think I am starting the last 7 weeks of my mission right now.

Well the week started off with a very very snowy Monday. We didn't do anything too exciting, but we made a giant snowman outside the church building. It was a very snowy week, which is pretty uncommon in Denmark.

We found four new people to work with this week and one of them is from Ireland so that is fun. We actually have a lot of people from different countries we are working with. We met with one of them, Liv, on Wednesday this week. This was our second lesson with her and she is really solid. She said that she just felt something different while she read the Book of Mormon. She is super cool. She also wants to take us to Rebild, a way pretty national park  here in Denmark.

Nothing else too exciting for this week. It was a good filled week though so we are happy. We have another busy week this week so hopefully we can keep things going.

I was reading a talk from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland talk called "For Times of Trouble". It was a great talk and I really enjoyed a part where he talked about repentance and how sometimes we tell ourselves we can't change and "that's just the way I am", but in the talk he says this: "You can change anything you want to change, and you can do it very fast... It takes exactly as long to repent as it takes you to say, “I’ll change”—and mean it." We don't have to work and work and work before we can repent. We can change now. There will obviously be corrections to make and thinks to work through, but we can change a lot faster than we tell ourselves we can. We can make the decision to repent now and not delay the blessings and help that God has for us. I know this is true and I hope we can all make the decision to change for the better now.

Well I love you all. I hope you have a great week. Thank you for all the love and support!

Love, Elder Smith





Hey good morning Mom!

It is morning for me and it will probably be morning when you get this haha.

I'm glad Aubrey and Caden could come. He sounds like a good guy. Do you think they will get married?

It is supposed to warm up here over the next few days so I am pretty excited for that. I am tired of freezing my buns off. It does get very pretty here in the spring it has been an abnormally cold and snowy march though so I don't know when spring will come haha.

Here is a funny/weird story from the week. There is a member from the ward named Pia. She is like 3 feet tall and shaped like a ball. She is super funny and has the missionaries over for a FHE type of thing every couple months. We went over there and the food she prepared for us was mushrooms and cream. Then we watched Pres. Nelsons press conference from when he became the prophet. Anyway, Pia is just way weird and has creepy dolls everywhere and inappropriate pictures of marilyn monroe. She is a funny lady though.

I got the letter from Grandpa and Grandma. Super good! It is awesome to see so many little evidences in our lives of God.

I do feel sad that my mission is almost over. Every day seems to go by too fast. I'm just enjoying every minute I can.

That is cool that Emma got her call! Bishop Hyde actually emailed and told me. It is so cool how many people are getting their calls and going!

I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Have a good week :)

Love, Elder Smith


Hey Dad!

This week has gone fast for me as well. Some days go somewhat slow but the weeks are going by faster than minutes it feels like. It was a good week though. Elder Hunsaker and I are seeing lots of successes.

I'm glad you work hard. You have been a good example of hard work for me because I see your emails each week of consistent work, running, and church/scripture study. I want to be as diligent as you all the time. 

I hope you can get things going in Salt lake sorry it has been slow.

Haha I'm glad you had a good time with Aubrey and Caden. The daddy daughter date sounds just like a Jared Bigler thing to do. I remember when he wanted to have a date night as a priests quorum where we could bring a date and the leaders would bring their wives. I'm kind of glad we never did that one haha.

Prayer is awesome. We read 2 Nephi 32 with a less active this week and talked about prayer and scripture study. It is one of my favorite chapters in the BOM because it is so short yet powerful. In order to receive guidance we need to read in the scriptures and if we don't understand what they are telling us we are forgetting to pray. The adversary teaches us that we don't need prayer, but the spirit says we should always pray. Awesome chapter.

I love you lots dad. I think these next 7 weeks will be some of the best of my mission. Good things are happening everyday. I thought of something you could do for me, could you maybe ask a couple people, maybe some ward members if there is anywhere I could work for the summer? I need to make a lot of money and I don't think life guarding will cover all I need to earn. Paying for school is going to take a lot of work...

Thanks for everything dad. Keep working hard and have a good week!

Love, Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment