Monday, March 26, 2018

Rubbish

Well it has been an adjustment this past week. After the unexpected transfer and the black and white difference between Aalborg and Ballerup, it has been a somewhat stressful week. We should have a much better week this week and we have some great goals and plans.

So when I got here to the area we had a car that they had been using last transfer, but a couple days into the transfer President called and said that the car would be given to another area, so multiple days got a bit ruined trying to figure things out our new way of transportation and getting the car to it's new area.

I have had a great time with Elder Woodforth. He has been helpful in the transition and he is always willing to get things done. He is trying to teach me that the proper word for garbage or trash is actually "rubbish" but I don't know if it is going to stick. We seem to work well together and I think it will be a successful transfer.

I am looking forward to general conference this weekend. It is always so great to recieve council from our prophets and leaders. I know that these men receive direct guidance from the Lord on what we need to hear, so it is probably important. I invite you all to prepare for conference with questions and prayer so you can get something great out of it.

I love you all. Have a great week!

Elder Smith

To Mom:

Haha I can't believe Elder Hunsaker has sent that video to everyone. It's okay though Elder Maready actually cleaned it up. The story is that I asked Elder Maready to cut my hair and we were at our apartment so he didn't have his own clippers. The numbers are different on ours so when he used the same number and started to cut it was way shorter than expected. It isn't bad though. It is a tiny bit shorter in the back, but it's not bad at all.

I'm glad your wrist is healing up. I'm sorry it is going so slow, but I'm sure it will be done soon. I'm so glad you can play the violin, that's a miracle! Does it hurt really bad to play?

I enjoy being with Elder Woodforth. It is hard adjusting to the new area, but it is okay. It has been a little harder than the typical area change, I think mostly because it was so unexpected and Aalborg is so different from Copenhagen. It has been hard this week, but I think things will be calmed down this week so it will be much better. I just want to be effective and do missionary work.

I will be all alone on the way home. It won't be too bad. More time to think and ponder. Thank you for praying for me. I'm sure the Lord has been transferring me a bunch for some reason so I guess I need to figure it out.

I'm glad you had some good runs with Toni. That is an awesome comparison. It is amazing how God teaches us so much through his creations and parables. Super cool.

Well I love you lots. Thanks for being my mom. I hope you have a super good week and enjoy general conference.

Love Elder Smith
(photos sent to mom from Elder Hunsaker's mom)



Hey Dad!

Things are going okay. It was hard moving here to the new area. I miss Aalborg and things are so different here. It's not so bad it was just so unexpected. It is a little like Taastrup, but less muslims. My companion is cool. He does speak with an Australian accent. We get along well and have fun. He has been in the area for a transfer and this is his 5th transfer on the mission. We have one investigator that I was supposed to meet today but he canceled our appointment. He is pretty positive though so I am excited to meet him. That is about all we have right now. The ward is big and there are a lot of great people. I am excited to get to know them.

I usually don't have anything special to write about either so it is okay that most of your weeks are the same. Is it not too muddy out there at McCoy Flats? I remember it being so muddy in early spring.

Keep working hard with school. Are you learning stuff?  What kinds of classes do you have?

That sounds like a great talk you gave. I really love the one from Jeffrey R. Holland. I am pretty excited for general conference this weekend. It will be my last one as a missionary. Our week will be pretty busy this week because we have zone conference and general conference.

It was quite the surprise to get transfered again. I didn't get so moved around the first part of my mission but these last few transfers have been crazy. I feel like I know some of the reasons I have been where I've been and been with who I've been with but I don't know all of the reasons. I feel happy about my mission and successful. I have had a lot of ups and downs on my attitude towards myself but in reality I think things have been a steady uphill most of the time. I have grown a lot in many Christlike attributes and my testimony is so much more real now than it was before. I feel like the hardest thing at home will be finding time for things at home. I'm not as worried about being idle as I thought I would be but I feel like I won't have time for everything I want to do, especially scripture study. It has been hard for me to find time for it on a mission so I don't know how easy it will be at home.

For when I get home I don't have any specific feelings about it. Whatever works best for everyone else.

I love you dad. Thanks for everything you do for me. I hope you have a great week.

Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment