Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Weird Week

Hey everyone! It has been an interesting week for me, but a lot happened.

Last Monday I had my friend Nicklas from Copenhagen come visit us in Aalborg. We had a great time and went and saw a few of the random things around the city.

The middle of the week was pretty normal, we had quite a few teaching appointments and one was with our investigator Ryan and it went really well. He accepted the invitation to read in the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he is so humble and willing to learn. I hope all goes well with him.

On Saturday we received transfer calls and I got quite the  surprise. I found out I was leaving again. I got transfered to Ballerup which is in Copenhagen not too far from Taastrup where I have served before. My new companion is Elder Woodforth from Australia. I was sad to leave Aalborg for my last transfer, but it will be good. 

On Sunday we had stake conference and that was really good. I was able to see a lot of missionaries and members from past wards and it was really weird because I realized I will not see most of them again before I go home.

Yesterday (Monday again) is where it got interesting. When I come home in May I will be coming home alone so this week I went to President's house with all the departing missionaries for their final meeting and night in Denmark, then this morning we took them to the airport and said goodbye and I came to my new area. It was pretty weird saying goodbye especially since one of them was an old companion and the rest I have served around a lot and gotten to know. So that was a weird part of the week, but things are hopefully back to normal for now.

I don't have a lot to say for this week but I want to share a short thought on Charity. Charity never faileth and if ye have not charity ye are nothing. Charity is one of the most important attributes we can have and it is a gift we must receive from God. Without his help we cannot achieve true charity like he has for us. I have learned this lesson well on my mission as some days it is even hard to love everyone around me, yet it is so necessary. I love all of you and I hope you are seeking after this charity and developing the same kind of love God has for us.

Have a great week!

Love, Elder Smith


Hey Mom!

No no St. Patricks day here. I guess it is more of a kids holiday all around.

I'm glad you were able to go for a trail run! Yay recovery! how is your wrist doing anyway?

That is good that Aubrey and Caden are doing well together I can't wait to meet him.

We unfortunately haven't completely gotten spring yet, but it has been a lot warmer these past few days I hope it keeps up...

I'm glad you are going to the temple more. I hope I will get to go another time before I go home. I am closer too it again after all.

Well I'm sorry for the short choppy email. We have a lot of work to do and I haven't unpacked yet! I love you lots. Thanks for being the best mom ever. Have a good week.


Hey Dad!

It has been a good week. A different one, but good. Transfers did not go how I expected. I did not think I was leaving and most of the mission thought I would be training a new missionary for my last transfer, but I know that I am in the right place at the right time and it is going to be a great transfer. It was a great week and Elder Hunsaker and I saw a lot of success.

You have had a busy week haha. Glad things are improving in Salt Lake. It has not been too cold here the past couple of days but actually pretty nice and sunny, it snowed last night though so that was a little surprise. I don't know if we can ever expect consistent nice weather.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for a job. I know that is going to be important if I am going to go to school...

Well thanks for everything you do. I have to keep this one short because we have missionary work to do today :) I love you dad.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment