Monday, July 11, 2016

A fantastic second week

So I've had a way great second week with lots of good experiences. We've been able to teach quite a few lessons but mostly just doorstep lessons. I'm learning so much from Elder Weese. He is an amazing teacher and way good at talking to people. He always looks above himself and I'm really glad that a lot of my missionary characteristics will come from what he teaches me. 
So this week we decided to get a pizza from this place near our home. It was a way good pizza with pineapple and chicken and stuff and as a plus it was way big. We decided it was so good that we got the same one the next two nights. It was a great idea until Elder Weese started to eat slower and breathe heavily. I asked him if he was okay and he told me he was eating. He looked way sick. It's okay though because we still got the third pizza the next night and Elder Weese lived. 
We also had zone conference this week and that was way fun. We learned a lot about faith and works. And how faith without works is dead and vise versa. Our work is important but we have to make sure that our works have our faith involved. If that makes any sense. Anyway, it was a way good meeting and I learned a lot.
The other day Elder Weese and I were walking down the street in Holbæk when this guy looks over to us while we were waiting at a crosswalk. He asks, "Are you Mormons?" We happily answered Yes! He then asks us "do you know who Jesus was?" we begin to share something awesome and spiritual with him but he cuts us off before we could say anything and says "Jesus was a Jew, the chosen ones, I am Christian, I am a Jew. You will never be a part of the chosen ones, you will die trying. You disgusting devils." He then spits at our feet. That was a pretty eye opening experience for me. It's not common for people to be that harsh with us or anyone, but it really made me think of what I would like to tell him. I'm glad that I have a testimony of Christ's love for us. We are God's children and he knows us individually and loves us all the same. There is no chosen children or those who are seen as better in God's eyes. I know that he cares for each of us and that he knows me and he knows my heart. Just a little bit of something that made me think and even strengthened my testimony a bit. It's important to know of our importance.
You are all very important to me and I hope you have a wonderful week! Make the most of the rest of your summer. Thank you all for everything you do for me and I love you all!
Love Ældste Smith



Hey Mor! Thank you so much for your prayers and support! 
So I think we all need to come to Denmark when I come home. It's such a great place. I'm sorry I don't have pictures this week but I will next week. I promise.
Thank you for the shopping tutorial. I think I did better today but we'll see. I didn't go hungry this week so that's good. I did run out of food. The worst part is it's hard to find stuff in these grocery stores. I'll get the hang of it though. Stuff is way expensive here and they just don't have everything the same way. It will take getting used to.
Did you get my awesome 4th of July pictures last Monday? Those members were so awesome. It was all a surprise and the food was so good. We had salmon and chicken and steak and root beer and potato salad and it was awesome!
Answers:
1. My Danish feels a bit better. I understand a little more. But for the most part I'm just learning to tolerate my inability to communicate and I try my best.
2. Not anything too crazy. We have a lot of fun together in the apartment but nothing too exciting.
3. We get along great!
4. Danes are definitely taller. Not super noticeable but they are pretty big. Like my build but a little taller? I dunno there is still a lot of variety though.
5. I feel like I've pretty much adjusted which is nice. I sleep good because I go to bed TIRED. It's pretty comfy. I am on the bottom bunk which is way nice haha.
6. The weather is usually great. It's sometimes windy and it rains a lot but the temperature is way nice. The humidity isn't super noticeable so that's good.
7. Not that I can think of. Haha
8. That being a missionary is hard! And way busy. 
9. This is the address I have for now. There's one that goes to our apartment but I don't know it so this works. 
Letters:
Borups Alle 128, 1.Tv
2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark
Packages:
Borups Alle 128, 1.Tv
2000 Frederiksberg
Denmark
10. I felt it! :)
Thanks a ton! I love you a whole lot! Have a good week!
Love Ældste Smith

To Dad:

I'm glad you had a good time in Idaho. That's way fun. I miss grandparents. And family. And partying haha. But the members in our ward did throw us an awesome party. Did you get my pictures?
Good luck with work and stuff. I hope that all works out okay.
Elder Weese and I get along way good and he is really helpful with the language. I think it's getting slowly better. We don't have any progressing investigators and we taught a lady that has been taking lessons for a few years. Our other lessons were all doorstep lessons so hopefully we get more investigators soon. The ward is way awesome. I like all of them and wish I could talk to them more. I had to introduce myself and bare my testimony in sacrament on Sunday so that was great. Haha. But we haven't had to teach or anything yet so that was okay. I think I did better for grocery shopping this week. If you have any good ideas or if mom does I'd love to hear cheap easy meals. I have been focusing on the Book of Mormon for most of my study. I've been trying to read through it and mark things that pertain to the gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.) its been great. My zone conference was so good. I learned a lot. Søster Ludlow is in my zone and that's fun to see her. I can't wait to see the rest of them at our 30 day training. I actually miss them a lot and it's weird not seeing them all day. Thanks for all the advice and the example you are to me. I love you a lot.
Love Elder Smith

So I am in need of some things. I kind of need a bike. I've been trying to find a missionary that will sell me one and I might be able to but we'll see. So I need like 500-600 dollars or like 3500 to 4000 crowns. I sent that in a seperate email because it's more sad than other things. I can't think of anything else I need yet so that's good but it would be helpful to have soon. I love you lots and here is a better picture of my choir I was in. If you get my emails answer me because I might still be here at the church doing family history stuff. Love ya!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment