Monday, July 25, 2016

Rød Grød med Flode

So it has been a pretty fun and exciting week in Holbæk. On Monday we weren't actually in Holbæk. We took a trip to Copenhagen for our P day and it was tons of fun. What a cool city! After Monday we had a busy week with lots of success. On Tuesday we had a diner appointment and I had rød grød med flode for the first time, and it tasted fantastic. So the thing about rød grød med flode is that you can't say it. Look up a video or something and try and say it and you won't be able to. Danish people think it's way funny to have Americans try and say it. Anyways it was delicious.
The rest of our week consisted of a lot of work and a lot of success. We had a few lessons and are getting places with our investigators. We have officially found a progressing investigator. He is a very nice man from Poland and we hope he continues to progress.
Elder Weese and I have had tons of fun and we even put up some Christmas lights in our appartment. Something we like to do at night when we have finished our day is hygge. That's a really Danish word and it's hard to explain. Haha. We turn off the lights and turn on the Christmas lights. Then we throw on some super chill music. After that we either just sit on the couch or lay on the floor and relax. It's a pretty great activity.
A spiritual experience from this week happened at a members house. We were sharing a spiritual thought after dinner and we read from Joseph Smith History. We started at the beginning and took turns reading. Elder Weese finished by reading the first vision. As he started to read the spirit was so strong. Elder Weese choked up and others in the room started to tear up. As he read this special experience that the Prophet Joseph Smith had, the spirit let each of us feel it's truthfulness. If you have not read Joseph Smith history, try it out. Read his story and his testimony. I promise you that when you read it you will feel something.
I love you all so much! Thank you for all being examples to me and helping me more than you know. Shoutout to my grandma Howell for being my first letter in Denmark. I hope you all have a fantastic week. Love ya!
Love Ældste Smith



Hey Far!
I'm doing pretty good. Work is hard, but I'm learning lots and we are moving forward. The language is still hard but I'm getting better. I try to talk to people alot. We put sticky notes up everywhere. We SYL sometimes but that's really really hard. Tuesdays we speak all Danish. I think I understand kids better but they look at me funny when I try to talk to them. I try my best to listen and I slowly understand more. I can't wait till I can understand a lot. I will be careful with money. I didn't spend any in Copenhagen except for lunch. It was fun. Copenhagen is a beautiful city. I wrote a good spiritual experience in my big email. Elder Weese and I had a discussion on feeling promptings. I told him that over the past year I've really learned to recognize the spirit testifying truth to me and comforting me. The thing that is hard for me is recognizing promptings. I'm not sure how it feels because I know it feels different from the other two. So that is something I want to work on is recognizing when the spirit is prompting me to do something so I can act on it. I try hard to exercise. Mornings are super super hard. But I'm getting better. I hope you can help Cedar get better. She's a good horse. I wish I could here you speak. I wish I could hear your talks, you give really good ones. Yes, most of my Danish ancestry is from Hjørring, but I'm in Holbæk. Holbæk is on northern Sjælland, the smaller island. Hjørring is in northern Jutland, the big island. So maybe I'll get to go there some time. I did find one of our ancestors that was from Roskilde though which is right next to our area and where our church building is. Thanks for everything. I love you dad. You're a good example to me.
Love Elder Smith 

Hello Dear Mother!
So with the money, have no fear. They are random ammounts because I found out that my acoount is silly and has a limited amount I can use each day. So I had to withdraw money on a bunch of different days. The only bad part about that was it cost me 15 extra dollars in ATM fees. I haven't gotten a bike yet, but we plan on finding one after emailing today. I didn't find a winter coat but I'm keeping an eye out for one. So yes the address I gave you was for the mission home. Packages are supposed to go there, but you can send letters right to our appartment. I can't remember the address of our appartment so I can't send it to you right now. Shoot. I'll remember next week. I got grandma's letter on Friday or Saturday so it took less than two weeks and it had to go through the mission office. So not too bad. 
I'm glad you like my letters. I'm sorry about the way thing haha. Elder Weese says it a lot and I'm afraid it has become a habit. I have my 30 day in training on the 27th to 29th of this month so that is when I will go to the temple. I'm super excited. 
I love the places and things I see here too. This country is so beautiful. I can't wait till fall. It's going to be amazing. Is there anything you want me to send you pictures of?
I can't believe Aubrey comes home in like a week. Like, holy cow!!!! I wish I could be there to see her, but I know she understands. Give her a big hug from me and tell her how much I love her. I sent you all letters in the mail so tell me when they get there. There is one for Aubrey so hopefully she's home when it comes. 
Good job with the Book of Mormon! I'm trying to read through it now. I'm in Mosiah. My goal is to be to Alma 30 by the end of this week. I'm loving it and marking everything that mentions faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. So that has been really good.
Jeg elsker dig meget.
Du er en fantastisk mor.
Stole på herren.
Elsker din familie.
Prove at siger "rød grød med flode"
Love your missionary son, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment