Monday, July 18, 2016

Hej! Hvordan går det?

​This week has been quite the week! We were way busy with lots of splits and an awesome district activity. We don't have any new investigators yet but we've done a whole lot of knocking and have taught a lot more lessons. Elder Weese and I have done a lot this week and I've been learning a lot. I don't feel very good about Danish yet but it's coming along little by little. Learning a language is definitely not easy but it comes day by day with lots of practice and lots of messing up. Last week on Monday Elder Weese and I decided to try and find a name that we can take to the temple at the end of this month. We looked and looked and I just couldn't find a name. I emailed my mom about it in frustration then went back to looking. After a couple of minutes I came across a name. I thought "Wow! That was pretty easy!" Then I went back and looked at my email. My mom had sent one that said "Did you pray that you would find a name? I prayed that you would find one." My mom prayed that I would find a name and I did! It was an awesome prayer and family history testimony builder for me. Tuesday was a rough day. We went out in the morning to talk to people on the streets. Every person we talked to shrugged us off and ignored us, yelled at us, glared at us, or tried to argue with us. We decided that wasn't working to well so later we decided to go knocking. Every door we knocked was slammed, very vocally not interested, or very happy to tell us we didn't know what we were talking about. We went home tired, upset, and unmotivated, wondering what we could have done to make it go better. It was way hard but all I can say is that we learned from it. Maybe we need more faith that we will find someone, maybe we have to say different things. All in all I learned that some days are harder than others but we just have to work through them and be diligent. On Wednesday we went on splits with our zone leaders in Slagelse. It was way fun! We taught a lesson with them and we went out knocking and we even found a few potential investigators. I learned a lot of new things from one of the zone leaders Elder Bishop and we even taught a good doorstep lesson together. It was a way good day. We had a way awesome district activity on Thursday. Denmark is full of way old churches all over and one of the famous ones is the Roskilde Domkirke. It is huge and has all the Danish royalty buried there. It is beautiful and way cool. See the pictures attached below. On Friday we had splits with the Elders from Nykøbing and it was way fun. We were all over Holbæk and took a trip out to Ringsted to do some knocking. It is another town in our area and we were able to do a lot of work. Between the 4 of us we taught 6 doorstep lessons and found a few potential investigators. It was an awesome day and I learned a lot and got to know Elder Dibble. Nothing else super exciting happened over the weekend but we got some good work done. We played soccer with the members for the second time and I can't describe how inadequate I feel. The Danes are way good and I haven't played soccer since elementary school so we'll just say I'm still learning. Well I don't have a super awesome spiritual story this week I'm sorry. It has definitely been a spirit filled week and I've learned a lot of lessons as you can see above. I love you all tons and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. I actually got some pictures this week and a video. Elder Weese broke our keyboard so that kind of sucks, but it was a fun night. MKH Love Ældste Smith

Hello Mother! I love you!
So with the money I have to get a bike somehow. I think I'm going to have to get a new one. I found one missionary that is selling one but it's way trashy and has a lot of problems I would have to fix. I was planning on withdrawing the money as soon as I could. I'm going to be in Copenhagen for P day today so if you could put the money on while I'm there I can withdraw it and keep it somewhere safe till I buy a bike. That way I won't have money on my card. I might look for a coat while I'm in Copenhagen today because summer sales are going on and it will be like the cheapest time to buy a coat if I can find one. So it would be nice to have money on my card that I can withdraw when I get to Copenhagen today. Try and put it on as soon as you get my email and if I don't withdraw it then transfer it all out before you go to bed tonight. I will probably need at least 3500 to 4000 crowns.

Grocery shopping went a lot better this week and I still had some food left over. Another challenge with shopping here is that a lot of things (milk, bread, meat) expire really really fast. I froze half of my bread loaf this week because it expired in 4 days and we only get groceries every 7. We try to exercise but it's way hard. We've gone running and we've went to a little field near our apartment and played some soccer. That sounds like no fun at the Dentist. I hope my teeth stay good while I'm here because the Danish dentist and doctor system is trash.

I feel the same way about my letter haha it's hard to think of things that I can put that aren't just old news. I'll try to send one soon and you'll have to tell me when you get it as well. I'll have to put one for Aubrey in there. I can't believe she's coming home so soon. That is so flippin crazy. I am kind of sad I won't be there to see her but you'll have to send me a video and pictures of it. I love her so much and she's an amazing example to me. About packages, Elder Weese said that it seems to be different for packages and letters every time. My theory is that there is a day every few weeks that stuff get's shipped out and so it just depends on when you give them the package. I don't know though. We'll have to figure things out. Also packages have to go to the mission office first so they don't give them to us until zone trainings or zone conferences.

Thank you for the meal ideas! I will try some of those. I know some of those things are way hard to find here but I'll look for them. I definitely need more healthy stuff though.

Thanks so much for everything you do for me. I love you love you love you! You're the greatest mom ever!!!
Love your favorite Elder, Elder Smith 

Hey Dad What's up?!
I have had a way hard, way good week. The weather was pretty good. It rained a couple times but for the most part it's been a pretty nice temperature. I can't think of any awesome stories from this week. Just what's in my email. The language is still way hard. The hardest thing for me is church because I want to understand. I normally love church and see it as a relief, but I told Elder Weese that right now, I just hate church. It's so hard. I want to understand the talks and the jokes and the lessons. I know it will come it's just difficult now. We haven't had a super normal Pday yet. We will normally email about two hours and then go on with the rest of our day. I could email longer last week because we were doing family history for a couple hours after our normal email time. Today we're going to spend the day in Copenhagen which should be way fun. We will be with a few other missionaries today and we had some splits this week so we've done quite a bit with other missionaries. We will do some sight seeing today. To be honest just driving around Denmark is like sight seeing because the farms and churches are so cool. We exercise sometimes. Mornings are way hard. It is quiet most days but on Saturday the people downstairs like to party. I am going to try and find a bike this week. I am definnitely doing better with food and meals haha. I am healthy for the most part. All my clothes are in good condition. We talk about all kinds of stuff haha lots of good stories and spiritual talks. We have a couple similar interests but not a ton, but we get along way well. Our main goal as of now is to teach 30 lessons this transfer. We are already about halfway there. We don't have any other super awesome goals. I don't have much more time but I'm glad your doing good for the most part. I'm sorry for the things that are hard. You're all in my prayers and I know that if you keep doing the right things you will be blessed. Keep exercising and stay healthy. Have you read the BOM I sent you? I love you lot's Thanks for everything!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment