Monday, November 21, 2016

6 Months!

Hey everyone! I hope it's been a good week. I hit my 6 month mark this week so I am one fourth finished with my mission. That actually makes me pretty sad. 
The week started out rough but it ended well. Well, it was fun the first couple days. 
On Monday we went to Carls Jr. for Pday. There are only 2 or 3 in Denmark so that was fun. They have the biggest drink cups in Denmark and free refills. That is super uncommon and free water doesn't exist. So that was fun.
We had splits in Århus on Tuesday with the zone leaders. That was super fun because I got to do work with my old district leader Elder Dibble. We had a good time.
After that things got harder. We had 7 appointments burned or cancelled over the next 3 days and that was all we had, so we were left with several hours to knock on doors. That wasn't necessarily bad because we found some potentials and got a lot done, but it was tiring and hard.
Finally on Saturday we had an appointment that didn't fall through. It was nice and the rest of the week was much better.
We had a lesson with this guy from Greece on Saturday night. He wouldn't be quiet for 5 seconds to hear us say anything. I interrupted him so many times and just told him very loudly what I wanted to say and give a little testimony to go with it. He would stare at us for a couple seconds after that and then rage on again about how our church isn't the apostles and his church is the greek word for the right or something. It was ridiculous. At the end of the lesson he wouldn't take a Book of Mormon because he said he had read a ton of books just like it. We left and just stuck it in his mailbox. He called us yesterday night and talked to us for over an hour on the phone about random stuff and we finally had to just hang up.
On a more spiritual note we had a lesson with another one of our investigators earlier on Saturday. She has a lot of up and downs emotionally and is depressed a lot of the time. She has a hard time understanding that God loves her and is not upset with her. We had a lesson on happiness and all the blessings our Father in heaven has given us. She really enjoyed when we told her about the atonement and that Christ understands everything we are going through. I was thinking about it later and it truly is an amazing thing. Christ suffered so much. Everything, so that we can overcome every hard time. He understands you and he understands me and he knows, when no one else does, how we feel. I can promise you that and that he wants you to be happy.
I love you all and I hope you have a super good week. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Love Ældste Smith
Pictures for this week:



Hi Mor! I hope you've had a good week. I'm super excited for Thanksgiving, even though we probably won't have anything super exciting for it. Can you believe I've been out 6 months?

3 Christmas packages? Why so many. I guess it's okay if they don't come because I will just have the excitement later. I don't know if I will get my birthday one because I think the office is probably holding all the packages until our Christmas conference. Packages could be sent to my apartment but it's easier if they go to the office. They just take longer. The only problem with sending them to my apartment is that if I'm not in the apartment to pick them up, I have to go somewhere the next day for it. And if I get transferred before it comes it's a pain.
That's sad. Did you cry when you got released. You probably could have done both callings but I'm sure someone needs to be in that calling and have the special thing you were given. I'm sure you and Tonya will stay friends. Camp will be exciting. All the girls will remember you from before and be excited.

Tv is to the left ;) The addresses are interesting.
That's good with yoga. I should start doing yoga in the morning for exercise. My companion would think I was weird.
The worst part of slammed doors is that they didn't listen long enough to know what they were rejecting and I want to give it to them!
I've heard the cold gets worse, but I really hope it doesn't. Some days are colder than others.

Yeah they definitely don't like Trump here. Everyone asks us what we think about it. I hope everyone calms down soon.

It was just like this chicken sauce on like a thin pancake thing. I'm not sure how to describe it but it was pretty good.
I can't believe I did the nougat bit challenge again either. I don't really like nougat bits. I just like challenges.
I love you mommy. Thanks for being you. 

I'm not sure what they have as far as premade pie crust or pie filling or pies because they don't really have pie here, but I will see what I can find. I also need a recipe for pancakes, german pancakes, and rolls.
Love, Elder Smith

Hey Dad!
I'm doing good. It's been a good week. I'm staying as warm as possible in this cold. I am happy and positive. I'm learning tons. I learned this week how to get through some long days. I'm growing a lot with recognizing the Spirit, I know a lot more and understand a lot more about the gospel. I wish my prayers were better so if you have any suggestions with that it would be helpful.
That's good that things are running smoothly with work. How was Austin doing? Did he have a new job? Was he reluctant to come back? What is Dave doing? 
How cold is it back home? I'm sorry fall is leaving. I love fall. We bike all over the place. I'm in shape I'm just not very skinny. Working out is hard on a mission. Getting ready for winter is a lot of work haha. I'm glad I don't have to do all that. Mom is probably going to laugh at you every time you say you are cold. Do all your clothes still fit or are they too big?
Your calling would be fun. If you are helping plan Helaman's camp it is your fault if it's not fun haha. Was Bradon Gerrard super different. That's crazy that he's home.
I'm glad you're proud of me. You have been a good dad. It's my fault we didn't always get along but I still learned a lot from you. We will always be able to spend time together.
I'm excited for the Holidays coming up. I hope things go well with it. I'm sad I probably won't have much of a Thanksgiving. In Roskilde Sister Stokholm was going to make a huge Thanksgiving dinner for us but we don't have hardly any eating appointments here. That's alright though. They just made me fat. 
I love you lots. Thanks for being you.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment