Monday, November 28, 2016

#oplysverden

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I had some Burger King for dinner so that's the extent of that.
This week has been pretty good though. We found 2 new investigators that we will be meeting with this week so we will see how that goes. We also had a zone training about the Christmas initiative but I will talk about that in a minute.
The Elders from Frederikshavn came down and we had splits with them so that was fun. The other two Elders used bikes so I was on foot. We did a lot of walking haha.
My Birthday was yesterday and that was pretty good. Elder Olson made me some Æbleskiver for breakfast and we had church. Then, in the evening, I had a few different missionaries call and say happy birthday so it was about all I could ask for. I also got a little package from my grandparents and it had a muffin mix. Those don't exist here so that was just fantastic!
So the zone training on Thursday was awesome. They showed us the new Christmas video and initiative and we talked about how we will be using it over the next while. The video is great. If you haven't seen it I would suggest you all visit mormon.org and check it out. The whole website has been shifted to the Christmas initiative. The theme is service. It talks about how Christ is the light of the world and how we are the light of the world. We are to follow his example and spread the light through service. I have already seen how great this is with one of our investigators. We had a lesson with her and showed her the video. She loved it and talked about how great it made her feel. She eagerly accepted the challenge to do service every day in December leading up to Christmas. Anyways check it out it's great. And join in the worldwide day of service on December 1st.
I know that when we spread Christ's light through service we will experience an indescribable happiness. #lighttheworld I love you all and hope you are enjoying the holidays.
Love Elder Smith 
Pictures for this week:


Hi Mom! I'm glad you survived raising me. I will sit on your lap as a 20 year old when I get home. :)

I like your Facebook post. Those are good pictures. I was a cute little kid.

Haha I wasn't sure what to say in the video (for Grandpa and Grandma leaving on their mission) and I had to break the rules and send it on not Pday. I'm pretty sure it was okay though haha. I'm glad it worked.



I had a pretty good birthday. Elder Olson made me some Æbleskiver for breakfast and I got phone calls from a few missionaries. That was about it though. I got a little package from grandma smith with a muffin mix and some jerky. I didn't get anything else so I guess I will get a lot of Christmas stuff.

I didn't make any pie or cinnamon rolls yet. They don't have anything pie related in stores so it would probably have to be from scratch. They don't have graham crackers either but they have different cookies I can use. I will try it one of these days. Thanksgiving was okay. It was the worst Thanksgiving I've ever had. Not because it was a bad day but it wasn't special. We had a zone training and they showed us the Christmas initiative stuff and then we ate at burger king.

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. And that you got to spend time with grandma and grandpa. I miss them too haha. I wish I could visit them on their mission.

That is probably true with the packages. Elder Olson sent one home this week and when we went to send it it was 517 crowns to send. That's like over 80 dollars the lady said that it cost so much because it was over 2 kilograms so he took something out and it was 100 crowns. Sending stuff here is dumb. But speaking of sending stuff I have a package for you all but I need 100 crowns to send it. If you can try and put 100 crowns on my card I want to try and send it today. I hope it will get there before Christmas. I'm excited for Christmas.

Maybe I will do yoga one of these days. But it doesn't do a very good job of waking me up.

Yeah I'm 100 percent sure the temperature in Utah gets colder but the wind, rain, and humidity doesn't help. I think winter sucks no matter where you are haha.

Nougat bits are like a sugary cereal with nutella in the middle. I don't like them that much because the outside gets slimy fast. You can probably google a picture of them.

What did you think of the candy? I can't remember what kind it was.

I'm glad you get to speak in sacrament about that. I love the Christmas initiative!

I loved you mom!


Hey dad! 
It has been a good week. I like your story of me being born. I told Elder Olson about it yesterday.

Dad's story of Tyler's birth: 
Dear Tyler,
I know it won't be your birthday when you read this, but it still is as I write. So, Happy Birthday! I hope you have had a good day. It's gone by so fast. Nineteen years that is. I still remember it so well. Mom had been on bedrest for months trying to keep you from coming early. I had to do all the Christmas shopping that year. I would go and buy things, bring them home for her to see, and then take back the stuff she didn't approve of. I went and bought all the stuff to make a Thanksgiving meal by myself because we weren't going to be able to go anywhere. But we ended up going to the hospital. And you decided it was time to come. I remember being so proud of my first son. I remember that I couldn't stop smiling. The hospital told mom they would be bringing her a thanksgiving meal and said I could pay for one if I wanted. I didn't want to eat hospital food and thought for sure I could find a place open to go eat. I found Angie's Diner open and went in. I just kept thinking how exciting it was to have a little boy. They asked if I wanted the thanksgiving meal and I sad yes. They were treating me so nice and kept asking me if I was doing okay. Finally I asked for the check and they said " no, it's fine. It's on us for thanksgiving." I was so confused. And then I looked around and realized everyone there looked homeless. And then I looked at myself. I had been up all night. I hadn't shaved in days. I was wearing my old raggy Levi jacket. I looked homeless. Haha. I'll never forget it. All of it.

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I wish I could have been there. I'm so proud of Grandma and Grandpa.
How has home teaching been going for you and Cooper? How are the Holberts?
Things have been going better. I think it just is hard doing the same things, but we are trying to do more different things. Thanks for the advice.
I will try to do better with my prayers. I like your ideas.
I wish I could write you a better email right now but there is something beeping really loud in the library. It's been going on for like an hour. I tried to figure out what it is but I don't know where it's coming from. It's given me a huge headache and I hate it. I will write you a better one next week. 
I love you. Thanks for everything. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment