Monday, November 7, 2016

Winter is coming

Hey y'all it's been a great week. I've been getting used to my new area and biking all over. We bike a lot here in Aalborg. Our actual area is a city north of Aalborg called Nørresundby so we bike over there every day. I'm really liking my new companion Elder Olson. We have had a lot of fun so far.
Winter has been starting to creep in here. It rained on us most of the week and yesterday we got snow for the first time so yeah. Not to fun to bike in. I better get used to it though because it's coming whether I'm ready or not.
We've done a lot of knocking this week and also had a lot of lessons. We play basketball on Wednesdays so I get to play another sport I'm no good at. If only we could swim.
On Saturday I got to go to Aarhus because Elder Olson had some sort of district leader meeting so that was cool.
Sunday was great. We had church and I got to meet the ward. After that we had a couple lessons and some time to go knock on doors. After about 10 minutes of knocking we found 2 new investigators. It was awesome.
I don't have much else to share but you are all great.
I want you all to know that I am 100% sure this church is true. I have learned for myself and I share it with others every day. I hope you all have found out for yourselves. All it takes is a little searching and a humble prayer to our loving Heavenly Father. I know that he loves us all and watches over us. Always remember that. 
I love you all and wish you the best. Hope you are ready for the cold. Have a great week.
Love Elder Smith




To Mom:

I can't believe it's November, or that time is flying by so fast. I sometimes wish it would go by a lot slower.

I'm sorry you were alone. That's sad. But I am glad Dad and Coop got to go pheasant hunting. I miss doing that kind of stuff. I am sad too when other people have fun without me. Luckily I'm on my mission so I'm always having fun. But I hope you don't get too lonely.

It is pretty here in Aalborg but definitely different from Holbæk. It's a lot busier. It's not a huge city because Denmark isn't that big but there are a lot of people. We actually work in a different city just north of Aalborg called Nørresundby. We live in Aalborg though so that means we do a lot of biking. Elder Olson is great.  We get along great and laugh a lot. We have definitely had fun so far. He is from Sandy and played football. He is about my size. He's cool. We will have a great companionship.

You don't need to resend anything. Elder Lee already took the package to the office so it's fine. That way you don't have to send anything else. It costs so much to send stuff here. I see peoples' packages and it's like 60 bucks.

My toe isn't fully healed. It's stupid. It is a lot better than before though. My shoes don't bother it. They help.
I think the music worked fine. It's on my USB now.

So the addresses are kind of weird. The floors go St 1 2 and so on. St is the first floor and it stands for Stuen. But the 1 is actually the second floor so yeah it's weird. Tv means til venstre. Which means to the left. Th is til højre, to the right. 9000 is the postal code.

I'm glad Wendy likes me now. I feel bad for what a pain I was. I hope Cooper comes out of it faster than I did. Except I think his is a little different than me. How is yoga with the swim team?

I love you mom. You're the best. I miss you too, but it I get to see you in not too long for Christmas.

I heard a story about some missionaries in Ireland a really long time ago that dusted their feet and shook off their jacket or however it goes because that town chased them out and then that town was in poverty for a long time. I don't know if it's true or not but it is interesting. Missionaries have to much power haha. They give a lot of responsibility to 18 year olds. We do have to tell a lot of people that we don't have multiple wives. That one is the most common.

I love you lots. Have an amazing week!
Love Ældste Smith


To Dad:

This week has been good. Elder Olson is great. He has been out a few months over a year I think. He is good at the language. We are obedient. The area is big and we bike everywhere, just in time for winter. It's a pretty wicked place. They have a street with the most bars on it in one place in the world and there are strip clubs everywhere so we bike past half naked pictures on the way to the church building. They also have free beer night coming up soon. They definitely need the gospel. We bike over a huge bridge every day and the wind is always blowing. The ward is awesome and the members are great. We don't have any super solid investigators but some new ones that are pretty positive.  I don't have any good stories.
It sounds like you had fun hunting. I'm glad you got to go. How did Cooper do? I'm glad you got to spend time with grandma and grandpa. It's kind of weird they will be home aroung the same time as me. When does it get dark there? It get's dark really early here now. I don't like it. It's sad.
That run sounds kind of fun haha. At least it was something different.
Thanks for being an awesome dad. I love you lots. Thanks for everything. Have a great week.
Love Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment