Monday, November 14, 2016

Nougat Bits Round 2

It's been a pretty great week. We had a lot of knocking, a lot of teaching, a lot of finding. We also had quite a bit of success. On Tuesday we were able to go on splits in Frederikshavn. That was pretty fun and I was able to do work with Elder Jensen, who trained Elder Weese. So in mission terms, I went on splits with my Grandpa. I learned a lot from him and he is a great missionary. While we were on splits we taught some Eritreans. They didn't really understand Danish or English. And they don't have any materials in their language. The closest language we have is Amharic and only one of them could kind of understand that. So we taught them the best we could and afterwards they gave us some really good african food. They were really interested so I hope they find a good way to communicate and learn. Later in the week we got to go on splits with the other Elders in Aalborg. I was with Elder Stephens. It was pretty fun and we did the Nougat bit challenge. If you don't remember what that is it is where you eat this whole box of cereal and one liter of milk in one sitting. It's pretty fun. I beat my previous time of 15:49 and got a 13:45. Sadly Elder Stephens threw up. And I have pictures! Not of him throwing up. Just during the challenge. The rest of the week consisted mostly of knocking and a few lessons. Last week we found two new investigators and we taught one of them this week. It was pretty great. He was mostly interested in what the Book of Mormon was. We taught him about the restoration and invited him to read the book and pray. He understood everything perfectly and accepted the invitation. The only downside was that he didn't want to make another appointment right then. He said he would call when he wanted to hear more. I'm really hoping and praying all goes well with him and that he receives the answer he is looking for. Yesterday night after we came in I decided to watch the Joseph Smith movie. It was really good and the Spirit was really strong. Sometimes I forget how much the early saints went through to start this amazing church. They suffered so much persecution and exercised an amazing amount of faith so that we could have the truths that we have today. I am extremely grateful for Joseph Smith and all the people that followed him and believed him so we can have the true church of Jesus Christ. Thank you all for your love and support. I am thankful for you all. Have a good week! Elder Smith



Hey Mom!
Yeah the weeks are definitely flying. I have been thinking about that a lot lately. Pretty soon you all will get to see me on Skype!
Are you excited to get ready for camp?
Yay I'm excited. Grandma said she sent me a package too. I hope it went to the right address. I don't want Elder Lee to have to pick up another package for me haha. I bet they will come in time. I will send you all a letter today. I will try to send another one before Christmas too, but it might be late.

No music in particular. I have quite a bit now so unless you have something really good haha. Or if I think of something I will ask you for it.
The addresses are kind of weird but it makes more sense if you understand the language. Or if you see the buildings. They are basically little apartment buildings with around 3 to 5 floors with 2 or 3 rooms on each floor. So it makes sense to specify just to left or to the right.
I miss yoga sometimes. Haha Kristen is funny. Are there still just a bunch of people sleeping? Maybe you can do a big half circle.
Haha I could just say whatever I wanted not even in Danish and you wouldn't know haha. Just ask Cooper what it sounded like at the airport. It's okay you forgot because I'm sure it's much better now.
We had a guy argue with us telling us we could have multiple wives so sometimes people are just dumb. I have really learned patience with people. I never thought I would have so many people shut their doors so angrily and impolitely. Not very many people give us any time to say why we are there.
It has been getting pretty cold. It's cold to bike in haha. I have been warm enough. Our apartment stays warm but it is always cold in the morning. My new apartment is quite a bit bigger and just a little nicer. I like having some extra space. It isn't too bad biking in rain and snow. The snow doesn't really stick so it's mostly just cold. There are always people biking in whatever weather. Maybe not as many but there are always people.
We have taught them and have an appointment with one. The story about the other will be in my group email.
If people would just look at both sides of the picture there wouldn't be so much hatred. I have definitely heard of the election over here. Some of the Danes are more worried about it than Americans. They always ask us about it. Members not as much but some of them even ask us. People just need to be quiet and choose who they think should be president. And people here just need to stop worrying about it.
I miss you lots. You are an amazing mother. Keep being you. I love you!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey dad.
It's been a good week. It is starting to get pretty cold. Winter is no fun. But I guess it's better than sweating like crazy. At least in missionary clothes. That's good news about the store. It does kind of suck that you've put in so much work with the new store as well as sold in the area for a long time. But I'm glad you're not moving.
Leaves sounds like fun. There is always something to do in our yard. I'm sorry you didn't have anyone to help. That makes it a lot less fun. That sounds better with the camper. I hated it where it was.
Meetings are tiring. I like the 9th ward. Are there any other missionaries out from there besides Christian? Yeah for the Christmas choir thing I have they asked us for some suggestions so I asked Mr M. for one we did last year and asked him if he had other ideas. He answered and was really helpful. I hope he's not too upset with me anymore.
I did have some good leaders over the years. I wish I remembered them all and what I learned from them. I will try and write him something. Do you have an email for him? Or I could just write a letter.
I'm also glad I got my eagle project done. I'm sad I never had a court of honor but I'm glad I got it done. I actually learned a lot from it. I did see the moon. It was really cool. The sun has also been like bright orange in the evenings.
I love you dad. Thanks for everything. Have a good week and stay warm.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment