Monday, April 10, 2017

#FredsFyrsten

It has been a good week in Aalborg. We have been busy with a lot of random stuff and having a lot of fun.
We had a zone conference this week and we talked about the Plan of Salvation and focusing on our purpose when we teach. It was very helpful for me.
Elder Hager and I went on a search for A&W root beer. It was extremely difficult but we found some.
We visited some old viking graves earlier this week and got some cool pictures.
Our ward had an Easter concert last night and they had Elder Hager and I sing in it. It went pretty well.
We taught our investigator Jan about the Gospel of Christ and he has decided to pray about a date of when to be baptised.
That's about everything I can think of, but please refer to my email subject. The church has made a new Easter video called Freds Fyrsten (The Prince of Peace). It is very good in my opinion. Share it on Facebook or text or wherever else you can put it that people will see it.
I love Easter so I am very excited for next Sunday. It is so special to think about our Savior and about how he suffered and died for us, but then he rose from the dead. His resurrection is so amazing. He conquered death so that we can do the same, so that we can have peace. He truly is the Prince of Peace and that is the gift he brings to all of us. Check out https://www.mormon.org/
Elder Hager and I sang the song "Oh Lord, My Redeemer" in the concert. The chorus says
Oh Lord, my Redeemer,
Thou hast done so much for me,
Oh Lord, my Redeemer,
All my love I give to thee.
He is our Redeemer and he has done so much for us. So we should give all our love and everything we have back to him.
I love you all. Have a good week and a great Easter weekend.
Love, Elder Smith

Pics
Viking graves and an æblekage that I made. Yum!



Hey! It has been a good week. We had an awesome zone conference. Transfers are next Monday. I have been here for a long time so I might leave, but it could go either way.
That's awesome that you have finished your first semester. Keep working hard and trying. What classes do you have this semester?
That is so much driving. I miss drives though. I only go on bike rides.
It is pretty crazy that everyone is growing up and going on missions. I remember Frank. I had to laugh a little when you said Righteous Lane. I forgot there are streets named like that.
I can't believe cooper is turning 16. Is he doing drivers ed online? 
I don't know what I am going to drive when I get back. I am going to have to find a car. I will just have to work every day from the time I get back until college. I also still don't know where to go to college.
I did pretty good with exercise this week. I really want to just go really hard for a while and lose some weight but it is hard to get going.
When are you going to see grandma and grandpa? That sounds like fun.
Something you might want to try is President Nelson's challenge he talked about in conference. I sent a link to mom. I am starting it and I am super excited.
I love you dad. Thanks for the email and help and advice and everything. I hope you have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

Hello Mother!
Wow. That is a lot of hours of violin. What was your solo? I got a letter recently from grandma and she was excited to go see you both in the concert.

Are all the questions from the same people or are they from a lot of missionary moms? Haha
Learning the language is different time for everyone. It is difficult to learn. Don't worry too much about the language. Especially in the MTC. Learn all you can there but the gospel should be priority over language. Most people here can speak both English and Danish but Danish is the language they use most. 
As far as how receptive people are to the gospel it is hard, but so is every mission. We teach repentance and baptize converts in the Denmark mission, it just takes a little effort to find those who are willing to listen.

I really liked how both of President Monson's messages were so simple. The Book of Mormon and then kindness. I love conference.

I got your package! Thanks! I love easter candy. You can't get any of that stuff here.

The singing went alright. We made a video one of the times we were practicing. I don't know if anyone got the actual performance. I will send you it if I can.

Haha what stuff should I put in smoothies? My blended sandwich actually just tasted normal. I just didn't have to take bites. Just put it in my mouth.

Haha that sounds like a fun part of the concert. Your second story almost made me laugh out loud haha. 
The other day I was craving A&W root beer and we set out to find it. It is not easy to find. Only a few grocery stores have it and then some little shops. We started searching everywhere and we finally found a little shop and it had root beer! The funny part is that every grocery store we went into and asked if they had root beer really confused them. I was amazed at how many Danes had no idea what root beer was. They are very educated on their different types of beer so I think that is what confused them the most. Oh well. At least we found some.

Jan and Ingeman are doing well. Ingeman is on vacation. We have an appointment with Jan on Tuesday.
Different stuff. A smoothie or a sandwich. Or leftovers.
Yes we still bike everywhere. It's good the weather is getting better.
I don't know about every day, but my first two transfers I was here we biked about 900 miles so I would guess around 1800 in my time here in Aalborg.
We don't walk very much.
I am learning good budgeting skills and resisting ice cream sales.
I am going to try and be more kind and loving. I am also going to start doing President Nelson's challenge he talked about in conference. https://www.lds.org/blog/i-studied-more-than-2200-scriptures-about-the-savior-in-six-weeks-here-is-a-little-of-what-i-learned?lang=eng https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/worldwide-devotionals/2017/01/prophets-leadership-and-divine-law?lang=eng
Yes all the time. Lots of different music. Motabb, vocal point(hymns), piano music.
Like 2 to 4
Like 2 to 4
I should probably fast more often. Usually fast Sunday then maybe one other time during the transfer. I like to make a goal with my fasting or try and think about what I am fasting for. Like if I want to be better at something I study it while I fast.
I remember an article from this summer that was about the sacrament. It was awesome. https://www.lds.org/liahona/2016/07/youth/remembering-the-savior?lang=eng
I love you mom!!! Have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment