Monday, April 3, 2017

Generalkonference

Well it has been a good week. It is warming up finally. We were even able to go out a couple of times without a jacket on. It was great.
Nothing too exciting this week. We did some knocking and searched for more people to teach. We went out to Blokhus again to visit a less active and it was fun to see the ocean again. After that we did some service for some older members and threw a bunch of branches in a wood chipper.
The only other thing for the week was general conference which was awesome! I loved all the talks and there was so many things I learned from them. If you haven't gotten the chance to see some talks you should find some time for it. 
It is always an amazing opportunity to hear our Prophets and leaders speak to us. I loved hearing Thomas S. Monson speak to us about the importance of a firm testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Jesus Christ. There were talks on God's plan for us, the atonement, and everything else you could imagine. I hope you all get something out of it. I know that Thomas S. Monson and our other church leaders really are prophets of God and I sustain them. They will help us through this life where sometimes things are hard and we aren't sure what we should do. They, like God and Jesus Christ are on our side and want to help us.
I love you all and hope you have a good week. Stay happy! Spring is in the air!
Elder Smith


Dear Mother Dear,
I haven't been able to see the Sunday afternoon session yet. I have loved conference so much. It is so great as a missionary. I don't have a favorite talk yet, but they were all so good.
That is good that Aubrey came. You get to spend a lot of time with her. I would love some key lime pie and cinnamon rolls. I miss that kind of dessert. 

I'm glad you got my letter! That was fast. I usually just put it on pasta and chicken or something. It's nothing too special. I don't make it a ton because it is pretty unhealthy but it is pretty quick and easy. I can't wait to get my Easter package either. I should get it this Thursday if it made it to Denmark by now. Did you send it to the mission office or my apartment?

That's too bad you couldn't make it so you could see Eva Stockholm. She is great. That is awesome that they got to see Utah. By the end of Summer every one of my companions I have had so far will be home. It's pretty crazy the mission is old, but lots of new missionaries will be coming soon.

There are a lot of members I really like. I think it has gotten better over time. Some weeks we don't have any eating appointments but others we have 3 or 4 so it's alright.

Elder Hager and I got a text this week and one of the members wants us to sing next Sunday at the wards Easter concert so we will see how that goes. We are singing Oh Lord, My Redeemer.

Haha your stories are gross. I don't have any funny stories. Elder Hager and I got a new blender thing and we decided to test it out so I blended an entire sandwich and ate it and we thought that was pretty funny. We named the blender Kenneth and he makes us lots of smoothies. Smoothies are healthy right?

I don't need more suit pants just some everyday pants. The suit pants will probably last my whole mission. I just need to find some pants that will fit me.

Answers to your questions:
Lately a smoothie, but I also just like granola, or yogurt and berries and granola. Or breakfast burritos.
People usually don't say mean things but they act really irritated and ignore us or just say nej tak and shut the door.
Hmm. I don't know which one is most fun. I like tallerken, or skildpadde, or rød grød med fløde. Haha I can't say the last one.
Some nights I fall right to sleep and other nights it takes forever. I guess it depends on the day.
Slow. I am working on it. I don't think I am going to finish it this time. I am going to start another study project. Maybe the challenge that President Nelson gave.
I have been pretty good friends with all my companions so yes. It is like that a lot. It is really fun.
Usually just the big ones. I don't really ever take either one around with me. I just use them for studies. I sometimes take the small ones on splits.
No, I usually just start my morning and then have my morning prayer like a half hour after I wake up. 
A couple we are still doing a lot of searching. We still have Jan and we were able to get in contact with one of our investigators from a while back named Ingeman.

I love yoooouuuuuuuuu! Have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith

Hey pops,
I had a good week. Nothing too exciting. I can't believe it's April already. I didn't play any April Fool's jokes, did you?

Wow I can't believe you drove all week. That's a big surprise! So what are all the places you drive now? Is Vernal's economy picking up or is it still poopy? Hopefully things keep going well for the store.

That's good Aubrey could come for conference. I feel like you guys do something with her almost every week. How is the train station going? Does Cooper like it? I think I need to just go really hard for a couple months and try to lose some fat. I just don't know what to eat. What game did Aubrey bring? Was it fun?

I loved conference. I got to see all but the Sunday afternoon session. There were some really really good ones. I thought about you during Elder Bednar's talk. Your mission assignment was nothing like it said on your letter, but you were still called to serve the whole time. I'm not sure which one I like best yet. I will tell you after I see the last session.

I love you dad. Thanks for all the advice and love. I will try and set some good goals. I miss you all too, but the mission is going by almost too fast. Have a good week!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment