Monday, April 24, 2017

Chillin in Seden

Hey y'all! It's been a good week. I am getting used to the area and a lot of good stuff is happening. We have been extra occupied with all sorts of lessons, finding and activities. We have two really positive investigators and had some good appointments with them.
During our lesson with one of them, she told us that every once in a while she doubts her faith and wonders if God and heaven really exist. It was during one of these times that the missionaries knocked on her door. Awesome!!
We bike a lot here in Seden. A lot. We have a lot of things in Odense like church and that is a 30 minute bike ride away. It's okay though because I biked a ton in Aalborg. I'm used to it.
The ward here is great and there are a lot of nice people. I'm excited to be here.
My companions name is Elder Stephens and he is a nice fellow. A little different but I am excited to work with him. He is from Tennessee and likes cooking. 
I can't think of anything else too exciting. 
The pics are of these cool xylophone things we found in the woods.
In church yesterday all the talks and stuff were on the Holy Ghost. It is so great to think of what an amazing gift we have been given to always have a companion at our side who will help us no matter what. I hope we are all striving to be worthy of the Spirit and listening to it's promptings. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love, Elder Smith

My new address is:

Hvenekildeløkken 198 st.
5240 Odense, DK


MOM:
Haha I wonder why I said that. It must have been a good day.
I am a very happy person. I don't know how often I say that as a missionary but I definitely have said it before.
I'm glad you all had a good trip to four corners. The pictures look like it was pretty cool. I like Coop's style haha. 
I am almost finished with the Believing Christ book. I like it a lot. It makes things really easy to understand and is awesome.
Haha that's a really funny story. Coop is a goof. I wish I had a good funny story but I don't you always make me feel guilty because I don't have anything exciting to write about. There are funny things that happen but you would probably have to see it to laugh. Like on Saturday we played soccer and someone kicked the ball into someone else's face. I will try to be better. I'm sorry I'm bad at funny stories...
Answers to questions:
Seden is a really small place outside of Odense. I don't think you would find much on Google. Search Odense :) It's a cozy little neighborhood outside of that place.
Elder Stephens is very different from all my other companions, but I will be fun. We get along well.
The apartment is small but nice. The bathroom is big which is opposite of most Danish bathrooms. I will send you a picture of the appartement next week.
The ward is great. There are a lot of really nice and cool people. It is a pretty good size too. About 100 people at church.
We haven't found anyone new to teach yet if that is what you mean by contacts. But there are some really good investigators already here!
I got pants! It was hard to find ones that fit, but I did it. They are nice. 
The first guy is Jan. The one getting baptised in may.
The other guy is an old member named Leif Olesen. He is cool. We visited him every couple weeks.
The man with the two boys is the ward mission leader Matts and his 2 sons. He is awesome. One of my favorite members ever.
The man with the baby is Mark Sørensen. He's a cool dude in the ward.
I love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots! Have a good week!!!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey Dad,
Glad you are all home and that you had a good time. I hope there aren't any messes too big you have to clean up.
I am doing good. I like the new area. There isn't a ton of work going on besides finding, but there are a couple good solid investigators.
Our area is pretty big but not nearly as big as my other areas. It covers the top right corner of an island called Fyn. The middle island in Denmark. I have been exersizing every morning so that is good. My new companion is different but a good guy. He is from Tennessee. He has kind of weird Danish but yeah he helps a bit with the language. I'm not sure how much I'm struggling right now. I definitely am at an up point. I mean some days are hard when we are just finding all day and can't find anyone, but we have just been busy and too occupied to worry about too much.
I'm glad Coop got to do some missionary work. 
Ooh. Don't talk about mountains haha. I really miss those. Sounds like some cool stuff though. Where did you ride a train to? I ride trains all the time haha. That is a ton of driving!!! We will all have to do it again when I get home.
That sounds like it was a really good fireside. Obedience is important and I definitely can see that when we do all the things we are supposed to that a lot more happens.
Those sound like a good talk. What stories did you share from your mission? I will have to look at that conference talk.
I love you lots dad. Thanks for everything. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment