Monday, May 8, 2017

Broken Bike and Ripped Pants

Well this week has been great! As far as missionary work goes. 
We had an awesome lesson with Anja about the Plan of Salvation and the word of wisdom. She said she wants to be baptized but she will have to stop smoking first. Awesome!
Wednesday this week wasn't that fun. We were riding to go knock some doors and my bike was making a terrible squeaking noise and then something broke where the pedals turn so yeah. My bike is out of commision for now. We went home and grabbed an extra bike Elder Stephens has and went to knock again and then I got a flat tire. We walked for 30 minutes to get home then tried to fix the bikes. One of the times when I squatted to look at something my pants ripped to make it all better. Good day...
Anyways a member is loaning me a bike for now. 
We had an awesome day Saturday. We played soccer in the morning and then went to do service for our ward mission leader. We had lots of hot dogs, pizza, and cake too. Then we helped them set up their trampoline so that was a blast.
We found a girl named Eda this week who is questioning whether God exists or not and has been thinking about looking for a faith, so we knocked on her door. She said we can come again and wants invited to church activities. Woohoo!
That's all I can think of for the week. Remember to share your testimony this week! An honest testimony means a lot more from a friend than from a weird missionary. Work hard at being a good member missionary and bring others to the joy and happiness that you have. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Smith



Hey Dad,
It has been pretty good. We had two really nice days this week, but it looks like it's going downhill again. We are planning on going to the beach today so hopefully it isn't too terrible. Are you still using the same work truck? I hate when it's super hot. That's sometimes worse than being cold.
Those sound like some good runs. I went running twice this week too. Nothing quite as good as the rim trail, but it felt good to run. I'm too fat. But I'm working on it. I bought nasty whole grain pasta and spinach and stuff.
Haha I guess that's a good way to get Coop out of bed. Sometimes there are a few too many animals living at our little farm. Have there been any skunks lately? How are all the animals doing?
Do you like being the lead student? I remember this last time around reading the book of mormon, I really liked the war chapters. The symbolism and comparisons stood out to me a little more than I thought they would and I got a lot out of them. I've been studying Christ's life lately and it has been pretty awesome. It has been a while since I have been feeling like I have been getting stuff out of my studies, so this project is really good.
I can't believe Calvin already has his call. That is crazy. I still remember those camps too haha. My toes are dead!
I have been super busy lately. We actually found a few potential investigators this week which felt really good. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong because It seems like I have had a really hard time finding new investigators the past fe transfers. I love you dad thanks for being a good example and everything. You rock.
So my bike isn't fixed yet. A member took it to a cheaper mechanic he knows but I won't even find out how much it will cost until sometime this week. I think it is mostly miles. It has over 2000 miles on it. It's just anoying...

Love, Elder Smith

Mother Mom!

Things are going good with Anja! And with our other investigators. We just need to find more. Things are going fine with Elder Stephens. 

I can't think of anything too funny unless ripping two pairs of pants is funny. I will be able to fix one of them because it ripped at the seam, but the other pair is done for. It has been a bad week as far as ruining things goes but good for missionary work.
Hahaha that's a good joke.

I ran a couple times this week! I'm going to try really hard to lose some weight because I'm a fatty. I even bought healthy food. :P

I'm super excited to call you next week!!! It will probably be around 3:30 or 4 my time. I will let you know if that changes.

I love you mommy. You're the best. Have a good week. :D

Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment