Monday, May 22, 2017

We are meeting an apostle!


Well it has been a great week. I will have to see if I can remember everything...
It was mostly at the end of the week that we had stuff and the first thing I can remember is on Thursday. We went to a church here because a priest was giving a presentation on mormons. He was really nice and after his presentation he had us come up and answer some questions for people. It was a pretty good experience.
Thursday was also my one year mark so we went and had Flammen to celebrate. It's probably my favorite resaraunt in Denmark. After dinner we helped a member with their cobblestone on their driveway then we went home and I burned my shirt for my year mark. It was a fun day.
On Friday we decided to do a super long finding session so we went and knocked doors for a few hours and were gonna go longer, but forgot we had to do weekly planning, so we got a pastry and went home for that.
On Saturday we had mega splits, but I will talk about that in a minute.
Sunday was a good day. We had church and then we went to a catholic mass to see what it was like and to talk to some people. It was really interesting.
Okay so Saturday, blitz splits. All the missionaries here on Fyn (there are 12 of us) met at the church and we split into different companionships to go knock. I was with a new missionary Elder Saviano and that was a lot of fun. We knocked for a while and we even knocked into a member from the other ward. Near the end of our knocking she came out and said she has been really stressed with school exams and work and stuff and asked if we could come and give her a blessing. It was a pretty cool experience. I have never given a blessing in Danish so that was weird, but it was so cool thinking that we were in the area at the perfect time for her. I know that the lord places us in the right places at the right times. He watches over us and as long as we are listening, he will tell us what to do. 
I love you all. Things are warming up here (finally). I hope you are all enjoying some good weather. Have a good week!

Elder Smith

Oh yeah! Elder Niel L. Andersen is coming to our mission this week and we are having a mission conference! That is the explanation of the subject :)




Hello Mother dear,

I love you too. I'm glad my note has brought you joy two times now :)
I sewed one pair. They don't look that pretty but it is a spot that isn't seen very much so it will do.
I'm glad I didn't look too fat :)
We have done soooo much service haha. Springtime is when everyone wants our help. 
I miss giving blood. I like when people tell us they donate blood because they think we are Jehovas Witnesses and we say so do we!
Those are both really good talks :) I am really enjoying my study of Christ.
That is crazy that camp is coming up. Are you excited? I'm glad coop gets to go to EFY, that will be really good for him. Tell him to talk to lots of cute girls. I can't remember the times at all haha. I think they usually have multiple EFY groups at once so they have to have them come and go at different times to keep it from being too crowded.
Hikes are soooo much fun. I like that idea. Especially since when I went we didn't quite make it to the peak. I hope you all have a super fun trip :) and that you will want to do it again haha.
I think I have done good eating healthy, but then again we went to an all you can eat place for my year mark...
I love you mother! You are my favorite mother of all mothers! 

Love Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment