Monday, May 1, 2017

It's May!

Happy May everyone! I hope you are having a good spring! It snowed and hailed a couple times this week, but I think it is starting to warm up a bit.
Well I will try and think of everything that happened this week.
On Tuesday we went on splits with the other elders and that was fun. I was a little closer to the city than I usually am.
On Wednesday we had a zone training in Fredericia. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and that was pretty good. I also got to see some of the sisters from my MTC group and a couple of my past companions. Elder Weese and Elder Olson are my zone leaders so that is fun.
Friday was fun and busy. We did some service for one of the members in our ward and there were a lot of snails around so we made a pile of them. After service we went with the member and played quidditch with some people he plays with every week. That was also fun. After quidditch we biked all the way out to a little town called Munkebo for an eating appointment then back for an appointment we had that evening with our investigator Elizabeth. We had a good lesson about the Gospel of Christ and she made us a lagekage which was delicious. 
On Sunday our investigator Anja came to church and she acted like she was a member already. She came to guest class and was the MVP of perfect comments. We talked about prayer and everything she said sounded like she was a member. We have an appointment with her this Friday so that should be pretty great.
That was all for the week as far as I can remember. It was a good one.
I was studying some of the events in Christ's life this week and it was really cool. It is amazing to see how he was a perfect teacher and a perfect example in everything he did. When he was teaching at the temple as a young boy the scriptures say that those listening were amazed at his understanding. And He has always been that way. He understands us and our questions and our needs and He is there for us. 
Well I hope you all have a great week. I love you all. Thanks for being great.
Love, Elder Smith



Hey Dad!
It has been a good week. And pretty productive. No good stories that I can think of. We work well together. Sometimes it's hard but we get along well. I think we are learning from eachother. I like the ward a lot. I think the members like me so far.

Elder Stephens and I made a goal to run twice a week so that will be good. I keep telling myself I need to eat better and lose weight but it doesn't really work, so I made a plan this week and I am going to go hard and get fit.

I can't wait for better weather. It snowed and hailed a couple times. It doesn't really get too hot here until August.

Keep going strong with your classes. What kind of math is it? I am scared to have a math class again. I'm sure it will be worth it. We are always supposed to be learning right? :)

Things are going well. I've been happy lately. For a while it was hard to focus and I was just getting a little tired, but recently things have been really good. I feel like I am learning a lot and becoming a better missionary. I was reading this week when Christ gathers up the apostles and it reminded me of the avengers how they just gather them all up and then go do their thing haha. Jesus just goes from one place to another telling people to follow him and they do it. It was pretty cool. I also like all the scriptures about becoming fishers of men. My companion is pretty weird. He takes a lot of patience. He works hard and has only good intentions. He is just a little different, but it's all good. I hope I get to train soon. There are a lot of trainees in the mission right now and it makes me want to train. Elder Weese is my zone leader now so that is pretty fun. I haven't seen him hardly at all since training. Today is May 1st and my release date is May 1st next year. That's pretty crazy. My year mark is in a couple weeks. Well I can't think of anything else on my mind, but I love you lots. Thanks for being an awesome dad.

Love, Elder Smith

Hey Mom!

That's awesome that you brought Kelsey with you! From the emails I've gotten it sounds to me like she is doing well too. I heard a while ago she has been meeting with the missionaries. She sent me a picture of her with them a while ago. It's pretty cool. I'm not sure what she would want for a birthday present. I'm glad she couldn't find an excuse to not go with you. You are a good missionary. I hope she can connect with the gospel and get baptised!

That stake conference sounds like it was really good.

Guess what!!! I thought of a story you will probably think is funny. A couple weeks ago we were at an eating appointment. One of the sisters from my MTC group is in the ward so she was there. When one of the members asked her how long she had been in Denmark she said 10 months then pointed to me and said "vi kom sammen" which translates directly to we came together, but with Danish it ment more like we got together as in like a relationship type of way. So that was pretty weird, silly Danish. I didn't know that either though so I'm just glad it wasn't me that said it. I haven't made very many funny Danish mistakes luckily haha. knock on wood.

Our investigators are doing well. Each of them have things to work out, but I think it will go well. I talked to Elder Hager yesterday and he said that Jan's date will probably have to be pushed back a little bit, but that things are still going well. Things are alright with my new companion. He is kind of weird and takes a lot of patience, but we get along well. I just have to try really hard not to get upset at him.

We have had a bit of spring weather but mostly wind, rain, snow, and hail. Haha.

I love you lots! I can't wait to talk to you either! You are a good mom. Have a good week good mom.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment