Monday, July 31, 2017

Hello Family and Friends

Hello family and friends. It has been a good week in Nykøbing. We have been extra busy and we will be even busier this week.
We had a lot of lessons with new people this week. A lot of them cancelled or burned us, but we had one with a cool new investigator named Signe. She is really positive and she brought her boyfriend to the lesson. He is interested as well!
For some reason when we are out knocking we keep running into drunk people. One of them let us come in and told us about his life. He said he was once a part of the Navy Seals. He has a couple of mormon friends, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. He also kissed Angelina Jolie. He showed us his disk drive from 1973 (a dvd player from the early 2000s) and we met his dog who kills something everytime he lets it outside. He was an interesting man.
On Saturday we were able to travel to Copenhagen to do baptisms for the dead in the temple with one of the new converts in our branch. She slept in so she didn't end up coming, but there were still a few other members from the branch so we got to go into the temple and do baptisms. It was great to be in the temple after such a long time. It has been over a year. 
That is about everything exciting for the week. Most of the Germans have gone home from vacation but there were still a few left and one gave a talk. The Swedish temple president also talked in church and there was an American family visiting. It is a fun branch.
Well that is all for the week. We have been focusing a lot on the Spirit as a companionship. The more you rely on the Spirit, the more you realize how much you need the Spirit. It is so important to be worthy of the Spirit and seek after his guidance in our lives. The Holy Ghost will tell us all things which we should do, but we have been taught to ask, seek, knock so that we can receive the spiritual blessings we so desperately need.
I love you all. Have a great week and enjoy the last few weeks of summer. 
Love, Elder Smith


To Mom:

Wow! You made it! I'm glad it was a good trip. Did you take any pictures?
I love all the lakes in the mountains they are so pretty. How did you do that without crying? I guess you were prepared for a little more than a nice easy hike this time.
I'm glad you all made it okay. I'm glad Grandpa still does stuff for fun even at his age. I'm sure he is happy he has kept himself healthy so he can do those things. I wish I could have seen you fall haha, but I am glad you didn't get hurt. Sorry about the tent. It is a backpacking tent so I don't think they put luxury space in the plan ;)
We just listen to motab or some Christian songs in Danish, but that's all we have in the car right now. I have a lot of other stuff on my flash drive.
I don't think anyone understands the talks completely, but lot's of Danes know a little German. They also have had translation most of the time.
I got a harmonica for my gift. I have a little glass turtle thing we found in a store. We just did it for something fun to add to our district activity.
I love you lots mom. I guess I can share my title of favorite son with Cooper. We both know Aubrey is your real favorite. You even said it that one time. Tell Cooper to do that thing I sent him in his email last week.
Have a good week! I looooooooovvvvvveeeeeee you!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey dad!
It was a good week. The weather has been okay just a bit rainy. It's okay though, because we have a car. Nothing amazing, it is just pretty to drive out in the country and the fields. There isn't anything too specific the area is known for. It has a place called møns klint. It is some chalk cliffs on one of the islands. I will have to go visit it sometime.
I hope you can find a good person to hire. 
I hope your run goes well. I am excited to hear about it. I have decided to start 9 months to sexy. Most missionaries do something they call 6 months to sexy, and eat really well and exercise really hard for the last 6 months of the mission. I was thinking and if I did that I would have to eat super healthy for Christmas and the holidays. That's not happening! So I decided to work really hard now for 3 months then slow down a bit for the holidays then start back again for the last 3 months of my mission.
That is crazy that Calvin gave his farewell. It doesn't seem like all of these people are that old. Has anyone else gotten their mission call yet?
I have a funny Danish story for you this week. The danish word for food is mad. It probably sounds different than you are reading it but that is okay. A lot of the older generation cuts off the d and just say ma' instead. Elder Peel and I say it all the time for fun. And I guess it got stuck in my head so when we were at an eating appointment I said ma' instead of mad. Everyone laughed. 
I love you dad. Have a really good week.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment