Monday, July 10, 2017

Nykøbing Falster

Well my new area is Nykøbing Falster. A little town in southern Denmark on an island called Falster. It is a pretty place and is going to be an awesome area. 
My companion is Elder Pihl from Paradise, Utah. We have been out for around the same amount of time. I think it will be a good transfer.
We were really busy with closing Seden this week, and meeting with our investigators for the last time. They were sad to hear we were leaving. We met with one of them, Daniel, yesterday, and he is going to prepare to be baptized on the 26th of August, his birthday! It was awesome.
We had a big 4th of July party on Tuesday. One of the members puts it together every year and it was really really fun. We played baseball and had a big barbeque. It was a blast.
Other than all that the rest of the week was cleaning out our appartment and packing. I got to share my testimony on Sunday for the last time in Odense 1st ward. It has been a great ward and a great area.
Well I don't have much else to say for the week. I was thinking on the 4th of July and thought how it is important to remember why America is such an important place. That it is the only place that the restoration could have happened. What a great country. I sure do miss it, but Denmark is pretty good too. 
Well have a good week and I will tell you more about the area and everything next week!
Elder Smith
There were 3 out of 4 of us leaving Odense. It was a crazy morning.

Hey Mom!
Your son loves and misses you too. 
The 4th of July was a blast. We played baseball and we had some fun relay races. Then, we had a barbeque with all possible meats and s'mores and jello.
I have never heard of the battleships trail. What makes it so cool?
I got the pants money. I found two pairs of pants so now I have a backup pair :)
That is really sad about the chickens. I bet the 4 that are left are a little sad all their friends are gone.
I love being a missionary! I hate when it feels like time is going to fast.
Good luck with your goal. I hope I can go to the temple sometime. It has been about a year. :( 
I love you mom. I'm sorry my email is short and lame. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

New Address:
Østerbrogade 33 2.tv.
4800 Nykøbing

Hey dad!
It was pretty sad leaving Seden. Things were going so well there and it may be the hardest I have worked on my mission. We met with quite a few of the investigators this week to transfer them over to the other elders. I heard that Elder Weese got to go to the Stokholms again. We had a super awesome 4th of July as well. Sound like you also had a lot of fun.
Did you plan on practicing with the trailrunner guy? That sounds cool. Another half marathon haha. You are turning crazy. It reminds me of that one studio c video about running. If you haven't seen it ask Cooper about it or something.
I'm glad you all got to go visit aubrey. That is sad about the chickens. That's so annoying. I hope you catch the culprits. Are you going to find new chickens?
How is school going? Are you enjoying work? What about your calling?
 
I love you lots. Thanks for being my father. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment