Monday, July 17, 2017

We Only Need to Take His Hand

Well hey there everyone! It has been a good week. It has been weird getting used to a new area but I really like it here in Nykøbing.
The area is really beautiful with lots of nature. I am in a branch and it is super small. There are only like 15 people that come, But, there are a lot of Germans in Nykøbing on vacation so the branch size has tripled. There was a guy who gave a talk in German on Sunday. It is different for sure haha.
Elder Peel is an awesome companion and we are doing some really solid work. It is going to be such a good transfer. We have been busy this week meeting with people and talking to people. One day we found a collegium to knock and found three new investigators. There is a recent convert here named Erik and his daughter Ena decided to get baptized as well. We set a date for August 5th.
I can't remember everything that happened this week, but it has been good. I was reading a book this week called "The Continuous Atonement" and it was talking about Matthew 14:29-31. Then later on it was talking about how we can't expect ourselves to be perfect right now. It said how we may not be able to do it perfectly right now, but at least we get out of the boat and try. When we are baptized or act in faith in anyway we are taking one step more towards Christ and if/when we fall he will be right at our side to pick us up, we only need to take his hand. So act in faith take another step towards Christ and don't be afraid of falling.
I love you all. Have a really really really great week!
Love, Elder Smith


To Mom:

That's awesome! Haha I'm glad you didn't die either. It looks so pretty. Did everything work how it was supposed to?

Hah that's funny that Cooper sometimes speaks with a British accent. At least he is happy. When I was in Aalborg and we had a 4 man apartment we got stuck speaking with a British accent for a couple days. It was bad...

I talked to Elder Johansens dad yesterday. I introduced myself in sacrament and said I was from Vernal. He told me his son was serving there. That is so crazy he is in our ward. I met him at the beginning of my mission when I was in training. We are eating with his family tonight. It's so crazy.

That does sound like a cool trail. I like good views.

I hope the pants last me awhile too. They should because I don't have to bike anymore :) All the pants here are European fit. I don't mind though because they are a little stretchy so they are much more comfortable than the ones I brought from home. 

I'm glad you have good friends to do yoga with. Are you going to do yoga for swim team again?

I love going to the temple. I really miss it. It has been a year since I have been in the temple. I'm glad you are friends with Toni. I can't believe it has been 8 years.

I will get to go see Anja's baptism and Daniel's hopefully :)

Elder Peel is awesome he is from Paradise, Utah. He is a really good missionary. We don't have tons in common. We get along really well though. The apartment is really big, but also pretty old. It is the first one I have to climb on a lot of stairs to get to :( it is on the 3rd floor.

Haha I like gospel principles class a lot. Are there a lot of members that go to that class or is it mostly new members and investigators?

I like your pictures haha. Thanks for those. I love you lots and lots. Thanks for being the best mother nogensinde.

 Love, Elder Smith



Dear dad,
I am doing good this week. We have had a really productive week and it has been a lot of fun. It is so crazy how Elder Johansen is there. I remember meeting him in the beginning of my mission. We are eating with his family tonight. 
Things are going good for the mission. We have been focusing  a lot on finding this last transfer, but it will probably be something new this transfer. Anja is still doing great as far as I know. Jan dropped the missionaries a while ago :(
I'm glad you all got to go backpacking. I hope you get at least one other chance to go this summer.
I am excited to hear how your half marathon goes. Is mom going to run it with you? I guess it is better that it is in the mountains than running a half marathon on the road. 
I'm glad you are sticking with your school I think it will be good. You should think of ways to teach your employees to be good. Haha. Discipline them. Has Cooper been doing much with scouting recently? It sounds like he wasn't up at High Uintah this year. He needs to just get his project done so he doesn't have to go crazy to get it done right before his 18th birthday.
I wish I could help you with all the various projects. I will try to be good at helping when I get home.
I will try to share more things that I learn. I really have been learning a lot. I am getting along well with Elder Peel. He has older sisters that go to USU so it is possible that she was his sister haha.
I'm sorry I don't have much more time, but thanks for being my dad. I love you lots. Have a good week.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment