Monday, September 25, 2017

Feel the Spirit Music Brings

So we had another week full of stuff. It was awesome.
We had some splits on Tuesday and I was with Elder McKinnon, one of the new missionaries. We knocked for about 3 hours without much luck, but we did find one really positive lady!
We had our splits on Wednesday this week, because we had a super cool one! We have this friend Nicklas, who took us on a tour in Copenhagen. We went to Rosenborg slot, where they keep the crown jewels. After that we went and saw the botanical gardens. They were beautiful. After that we went and got our feet eaten by little fish! It was nasty and weird! It was a really fun Pday though.
We had lots of knocking and lots of teaching throughout the week and that is always good. On Sunday the stake had a fall music concert and I got the opportunity to sing a bit in it. It was really fun. It is always cool to feel the spirit music brings. I may be biased, but I think sometimes it brings the spirit more than words. Anyways, it has been a good week. I hope you all are looking forward to conference this week. I know that this is an opportunity to hear from prophets of God and that they will tell us exactly what we need to hear at this time. Make sure to set the time aside to hear them speak. It will be worth it.
I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love, Elder Smith


To Mom:

Autumn is very pretty here. The leaves are just barely starting to change colors. I really love fall. Definitely my favorite time of year.

Haha I wonder why that is that President Uchtdorf always speaks at that. I'm glad it was good. I am super excited for general conference. It is always so great. I will definitely look up Uchtdorfs talk. That sounds super good.

The dentist went well. I found a member who is a dentist and he did it for free. The members here are always so helpful and I'm really grateful for them. I don't like going to the dentist, but it was good.

Sorry about Aub's car. That doesn't sound like fun. I hope you are able to figure something out easy. I am not looking forward to figuring out a car, and school and stuff. I don't really think about it because I have a long time to go, but every once in a while it flashes in my mind that I have to figure all that out eventually. I'm kind of scared.

I can't remember about the rattlesnake. You will have to tell me again. I am excited to see those trails. I really miss hiking and stuff. I don't think I will be able to get enough of that when I get home.

I haven't gotten to go to the temple yet. I think we can go once a transfer. I will try extra hard to go soon. Why is it 20 times before my birthday? That is a good goal though.

I love all the experiences too. Cool story! One of my favorite investigators is in Seden. Her name is Elizabeth. We worked with her a lot while I was there, and right before I left she left for vacation in Iceland, where she comes from. The missionaries lost contact with her, but just recently they got in contact again and she had a cool experience! She said a prayer that God would guide her. She opened up in the BOM and read 2 Nephi 31. She felt like it might be right to be baptized so she might be getting baptised soon!!!

I will get to hear most of conference this weekend. I am super excited.

I love you mom. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Smith

Dear Dad,
Hey, I am doing pretty good. It has been stressful recently but good. I don't know what the funniest thing was. We were able to attend a baptism on Saturday and the new baptism bore her testimony at the end and the spirit was very strong. Something I learned this week from other missionaries is the example I want to be. I just thought about our splits throughout the transfer and what we could have done better. I looked at myself and how I am at getting up in the morning and staying focused. I made some goals to do better. It has gone good so far. I worry sometimes my companions desires are a little different from mine. Some missionaries duck their head and do the work because they have to and others do it because they want to. Both do the work, both make mistakes, but there are other differences that are a lot bigger. The weather is okay. It was a little rainy, but that slowed down this week. It is definitely getting colder and darker.

Wow, that is a crazy week. Do you feel good about weeks like that? I think they are always so stressful, bu they also feel a little satisfying. I am glad you got all your homework done. What is your religion class on this time around? do you enjoy it? Sounds like you got a lot of driving time in. I wish I could hear all your talks in the different wards. I'm sure no one thinks they are dumb. I hope you are still in the high council when I report my mission. That would be cool. I am really looking forward to conference as well. It is one of the highlights of the mission. It definitely feels different as a missionary.

You can keep telling people I am doing great. I promise I am. You have served a mission so you know how hard it is, but I really love being here. I love this type of service and most of the time I wish it was longer than it is. I am glad you have been blessed. Thanks for letting me know. I wish I could help you more. I am sorry I haven't been the best with money. I have even bought unneccesary things on my mission that I feel bad about. I am thankful for the support you have given me and I love you lots. Thanks for everything.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment