Monday, October 2, 2017

Moving, moving again, and conference

Well it was a good week. We weren't too busy at the beginning, just the usual. Knocking lots of doors and teaching. We didn't have any splits or anything so we just got to work. However, the end of the week got more exciting. 
On Friday we held our Book of Mormon project again in Copenhagen and that went well. It is really fun with so many people around just sharing the Book of Mormon as much as possible.
On Saturday we helped a member move and that went quickly, but after that we had to help some of the sisters in the zone move apartments. We moved them into another set of sisters apartment and thought we were good. Then that evening we were getting ready to go to general conference, but we got a call from President O'Bryant right before we left. He said that the apartment that they moved out of was the wrong one and they were actually supposed to move into the one we emptied, so we spent the rest of the evening emergency moving 4 sisters stuff and furniture to another apartment. It went pretty quickly compared to how much stuff it was. 
On Sunday we watched general conference. Sister O'Bryant came and made a big chili dinner for the missionaries so that was awesome. I really enjoyed all the talks. I think priesthood session was my favorite.
Well transfers are today and Elder Whitaker and I are staying together in Taastrup for another transfer. It has been a while since I have had a companion for this long. It will be good.
Everyone make sure to review your conference notes this week. I know that each time you look at them you will recieve a confirmation that these men are prophets of God. And if you haven't found it yet, look for that thing during conference that was personally for you. 
I love you all. Have a good week. 
Elder Smith

Hey Mom!
Elder Whitaker took a video so I might be able to send it to you. We sang a song called "I Danmark er jeg født" (I was born in Denmark) Which is ironic because we were all American.
I really enjoyed conference as well. It was a really good one. We had tons of candy from a candy store, but I felt kind of sick after eating so much straight sugar. We go all out for conference though.
I will try to get some pictures sent. My camera has been full and I keep forgetting to switch the pictures to my flash drive, but I will do that. The hard part will be getting fall pictures without rain :(
I haven't heard Uchtdorf's talk just yet.
My teeth are pretty good now. It was just a really bad cavity. He said there are some other things that can get done, but that they can wait till I get home.
I'm not too scared about home, but I need to think about it soon. I will have to choose a school and classes and register and all that this spring if I want to go to school in the fall. I'm sure it will work out, but I do need to think about it soon.
I'm excited to hear how your temple goal goes. I am making a goal to go this transfer. I have a family name I found early in my mission so I need to do that soon.
I love you lots and lots and lots and some more! Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey dad,

I'm good. The week was pretty normal, besides the weekend. Yeah I have seen the priesthood session, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning. Hopefully I will see the other two this week.
Sorry your week was a little boring. And sorry your religion class isn't super exciting. I guess you can enjoy the material. That is an awesome study topic. What kind of stuff did you learn studying the fall and the creation? 
It was really sad President Monson wasn't there. I didn't know about Elder Hales until I checked my email. That is sad. One of my favorites was the one by Richard J. Maynes. I really liked priesthood session. That is sad Cooper wasn't able to go with you. I miss going with you guys. We will get to next fall. Make sure he hears it. Could you ask him if he ever read the talk I sent him? 
I will make sure to read that talk. I think I have read it recently, but I'm not sure. I will find it today. I love you lots. Thanks for being my dad. Have a great week. 
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment