Monday, October 23, 2017

Big week

Hey everyone! It has been a great week!
Our Pday on Monday was awesome. Our friend Nicklas took us on another little tour of Copenhagen. First we went and saw a statue named Kristina. She represents the saints who left Denmark in the 1800s. The artist, Dennis Smith, is a relative, so it was cool to go and see it. After that we went through the Citadel, a big military base and training center. After that we went to Den Blå Planet. The national aquarium, it was so much fun. There is so much to see around here.
On Tuesday we had splits with the APs. I was with Elder Jensen and we went to a lesson with a guy named Nicky. It was the worst thing ever. He just wanted to argue. We showed him a talk from Thomas S. Monson. The one about the Book of Mormon. He then showed us a 15 minute hard core anti-mormon video. We were really upset but we decided to just leave instead of keep talking to him. After the video the spirit was already gone so there was no use trying to fight him.
The next day we had splits with Slagelse and I was with Elder Angerhoffer. He is one of the newer missionaries in the mission. It is so cool to see them learning and moving so fast. They also have a lot of dedication to learn the language and give it their all. It is awesome.
On Thursday I got to visit my very first area, Holbæk! Things were going a little slow there so we had a big blitz splits with 5 other companionships and helped them find some new people. It was so weird being in the area. I haven't been back there for a year so it was an experience.
We had a good day in church yesterday. Our investigator MaryAnn came to church which was exciting. She is doing well. We are working on helping her understand everything.
We had a dinner appointment with some members last night. The spiritual thought was about the scriptures. We each shared some favorite scriptures and why. Then we read 1 Nephi 19:23. All of our favorite scriptures mean a lot to us because of this. We have likened them to ourselves. They help us through hard times and are relatable to our own lives. So if I were to give one suggestion when studying the scriptures, I would say liken them to yourselves, apply them and you will learn so much more.
I love you all. Have a great week!
Elder Smith

Hey Mom!
I think it will be a pretty fun day. We are excited. Tivoli is the oldest ammusment park in the world! We get to go in our mission. I guess the parks here aren't too crazy. We are going in a group of 8 missionaries.
Haha I like hearing about your hikes, it's cool that you get to go so often. I guess you will find out in a year if they want you to still have that calling.
I know how you feel about the same thing every week. Missionary work never really changes that much so I don't feel like I have so much to say.
Nicklas is awesome. If we ever come to visit Denmark, or if he visits Utah you will meet him. He is a good friend, I hope one day he has the desire to come back.
MaryAnn is doing well. We talked about repentance with her and went in depth with more things to help her understand. She is very faithful, but doesn't understand much.
I don't really have fall pictures...still. I will really try and get some though. I'm sorry I've gotten so terrible at pictures.
We have started having a seperate English guest class with a member teaching and it is going really well. We had like 10 people there yesterday.
If you love the temple enough, I know you can do it! It would be cool if you found names to take with you too!
The goal is 16800 because it is 25 people a day per companionship haha.
I played on it for a minute. It was a little out of tune, but didn't sound untuneable. It was old and pretty. I guess they didn't want to give the effort of finding someone to take it.
The danes don't really celebrate halloween a ton. They are trying to adopt it, so there are some kids out, but it isn't huge or anything. I will probably dress up as a missionary. haha
I love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots.
Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey Dad!
It was a good week. My companion is doing pretty good. He is pretty trunky but not much I can do about that. The weather is good half of the time. I love fall weather, but it rains about half the time... The amusement part is called Tivoli. It's the oldest one in the world and it's right in the middle of Copenhagen. It will be pretty cool. 
How are your classes going? Overwhelming? Challenging? Good? 
I always liked dodge pig. I'm glad it is well attended. I wonder why that is. 
I'm glad you enjoyed deer hunting. I bet Cooper is a little more disappointed than you that there weren't any bucks haha.
Do you get a discount at the movies because of Cooper? Sounds fun going to the movies as a little family of 3 haha.
I can't remember that story. You will have to tell it to me. I'm sure it was  a good talk. Even though you cried.
Why is Harvey's son coming? Maybe they will give you a raise. I guess I asked how your school was going before I got to this point on your letter. Sorry it feels like a bit too much. Can you take less classes at a time? Or are you taking the minimum?
I love you lots dad. Thanks for everything you do for me. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment