Monday, October 30, 2017

Tivoli! And winter! Darkness! Missionary work!

Hey everyone!
It has been a good week and a cold one. I think winter is on the way. We also had the time change so it gets dark not long after 4 o'clock.
We had an awesome Pday on Monday, we went to Tivoli, an amusement park built in 1843. It was super fun. I haven't done anything like that for a super long time.
We had a lot of splits this week. I went with Elder Birch and later with Elder Hunsaker. We have a lot of fun going on splits so much. And I learn a lot too.
We went and visited all the districts in our zone this week to give a training. That was good to. We talked about teaching while we find. 
We are going to have an awesome zone conference this week. Elder Sabin from the seventy is coming to visit the mission and it should be great. He gave us a big list of scriptures to study and I have been working on those. There are some really good ones.
A cool story from this week. We were able to have dinner with 2 of our new investigators who own and live at a housing place for all kinds of Christians. They were all there at dinner as well. Not long into dinner, many of them started asking questions surrounding our beliefs. The Book of Mormon, Prophets, missionaries, etc. It was amazing! After dinner, we sat in the living room with all of them and everyone was having more individual conversations. Elder Whitaker was teaching the two hosts, the ones who invited us. I was teaching two Canadian missionaries from their church next to me. It was an amazing experience, and I've never had something like that happen before. I think a lot of good things will come out of it.
Well that's all I can think of for this week folks. Something I was thinking about this week is the power of prayer and how important it is. We need to pray every day and all the time. Even when our prayers aren't answered right away, they will bring us closer to our heavenly father. Make prayer a priority and you will see the blessings it will bring.
Have a great week and enjoy the coming of winter. I love you all!
Love, Elder Smith

Hey Mom!
I can't think of anything I really need/want for Christmas. My shoes are starting to die. Other than that clothes are fine. I definitely don't want you to send anything special after last year. I will think about it and let you know.
Tivoli was so much fun!. It is really cool and there are lots of cool stuff in there. It is super old. It was a really fun Pday activity.
You never fail to have a few hikes every week! Where do you find the time? The weather here is starting to get chilly. Not looking forward to that. At least we have a car! :)
Holbæk was great. It didn't feel exactly the same, but it was still good. I don't know if I have a favorite. I miss some of the experiences I had in earlier areas or the people I was around. Most of them have gone home. I found out this week that Elder Lee my second companion, and Elder Olson my third, are both engaged. That's pretty weird. As far as areas go I like them all. Taastrup is probably my least favorite, but the people are good. 
That is fun you are doing Celia's pictures. She is fun. Haha I'm glad lot's of the swim team is grateful for you and nice to you.
I am excited for light the world too! We haven't had anything about it yet, but I'm sure we will be working with it! That should be super exciting! I loved it last year.
I love you mom! Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith.


Hey dad! 
It has been a good week. Haha I guess neither of our lives change too much as far as what we do goes. I bet you were super happy Cooper got a deer. That sounds like fun. I miss raking the leaves with you. I was just telling Elder Whitaker yesterday about when we made the massive pile in the field. 
Sorry your classes haven't been too great or enjoyable. You talking about them makes me scared for school haha. Just kidding. I am somewhat worried about school though. I don't know where to go or what to study or how to pay for it. I am still not thinking about it too much, but whether I like it or not I am going to have to apply for schools soon. It makes me sick. I hope your classes go better. Maybe you will be able to find some classes you really like when you are finished with the pathway program.
I guess it's good Harvey was half happy haha. Sounds like fun having to manage multiple places at once. Sounds like a lot of work.
Tivoli was super fun. It wasn't very big, but it had some fun rides. Nothing in Denmark is too big. Especially right in the middle of Copenhagen. I hope you get some time to go pheasant hunting. I am looking forward to doing that kind of stuff with you next year.
I love you lots dad. Thanks for everything you do for me. Have a good week. Work hard.
Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment