Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 1 and nothing is done.


Well as my subject implies, it was the first week of the transfer, which is always so busy. We spent the week preparing some goals and planning for the transfer. We went around to the districts in our zone and presented the zone goals and we had MLC. MLC got me super excited for zone conference this coming week and I learned a lot of good stuff. After MLC we planned for week 2 of the transfer and yesterday we had church and prepared our training for zone conference this Tuesday. So all in all, we taught a couple of our investigators, but didn't have any time to find. 
It was a good week though and it went by really fast. I think this will be a good transfer. We have a  lot of good stuff going on. One of the highlights of the week is that we had a dinner appointment with one of the senior couples that work in the office, Elder and Sister Johnson. They made us sweet pork burritos and we just had a super good time with them, it felt a lot like a family dinner at home. 
Well I hope you all are enjoying fall. The colors are changing here and it is beautiful. Have a great week! 

Elder Smith

Hey Mom!
I will try to attach the video.
Yeah I hope my teeth wont be too bad at home either.
Yeah! Go to the temple! I am going to go in like 3 weeks maybe. I am excited. It has only been since last July :)
I'm glad you got to get some hiking in. Do all you can before it gets too cold haha. That sounds like fun with Adam. I'm glad you have a good brother who likes to hang out with you. It sounds like you have gotten more used to the off the trail type of hiking. Even if it's on accident, and it doesn't even sound like you cried.
It was super nice of sister O'Bryant to make the chili. She makes such good food. I didn't get to listen to any more conference this week, because we have been so busy. I really hope we get the chance to this week. We will for sure with one of our friends Nicklas. We have plans to see one of the sessions with him. Have I told you about Nicklas yet?
We had that lesson in Gospel Principles as well, but it wasn't that good. The teacher for the class had a stroke a while back and the ward figured that would be a calling he can handle. He basically just reads straight from the book and thats it. It is good that they want him to have a calling he can do, but they need to think about the investigators coming to visit the church. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. On the bright side, our investigator MaryAnn came to church!
Well I love you lots and lots and lots and lots. I hope you have a great week.
Love, Elder Smith

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QZHsZdihNxdWZ0RWEyUDJGZXM/view
Dear Dad,
I am doing good. I have been up to all sorts of busy stuff this week. I didn't get to see the rest of conference yet. Hopefully this week. That is awesome that you are already almost two times through. We showed a couple of them to investigators and less actives this week. The one from Gary E. Stevensen and the one from Pres. Uchtdorf in priesthood session. Those were both really good. The weather is getting colder every day, but it hasn't been too bad yet.

I guess it's good you get some pretty drives in. The leaves are just now starting to change color and fall here. Denmark is pretty in the fall, because there are so many plants and trees to change color.

I like reading about the city of Enoch, it would be interesting to be a part of a city like that. That sounds like a good talk from Elder Christofferson, I will have to look it up.

That's good you got a couple runs in. I would like to run, but it is hard to be dedicated and my companion doesn't want to run. Hopefully your race goes well. Just enjoy it and run hard. Is it a trail run again? 

I always liked preparing the yard for winter haha. Have all the leaves fallen yet? Are you going to make a giant leaf pile out in the field? Haha how did Cooper convince you to do another deer hunt? You promised to never do that again haha. Oh well I'm sure Coop is happy about it.

I love you lots. I will try and send you some good stories next week. I am writing it down. Well. I love you lots. Have a good week! 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment