Monday, November 20, 2017

Is that today?

We had a busy week. We planned a zone goal this transfer focused on lifting others. Applying "lift" to everything we do as missionaries. Everyone seems pretty excited about it. We visited the districts to present that goal and everyone is doing well. There are some great missionaries in the zone this transfer. 

Elder Hunt and I have been getting along great and we are working extra hard. We had some great lessons with our investigators and we were supposed to have 3 of them in church yesterday. Unfortunately they all called either Saturday evening or Sunday morning and cancelled...


Funny story about Sunday. So like I said last week I was asked to give a talk on tithing. I completely forgot. On Sunday Elder Hunt and I are happily sitting in our seats and the second counselor comes and gets me and asks aren't you speaking today. I said yeeeaaahh... So I was the first speaker and during sacrament and the opening songs I was just wracking my brain for any and every experience I have had for myself and with investigators concerning tithing. It went well I think. I at least had a few things to say and felt fine about it. 

A cool experience we had this week started out less cool. We had an appointment with one of our new investigators and as we arrived she said she was busy. As we tried to find another time she said it wasn't worth it and dropped us. We decided to go out finding and knocked for a bit. It was going okay with a couple potentials, but then as we were walking we saw a mom pushing a stroller. I was reluctant to talk to her because it was pretty dark and it looked like she might be Muslim, but we decided to stop her and start talking. She said she wasn't too interested, but we asked if we could give her something to read. She said yes and we pulled out a Book of Mormon and started to tell her a bit about it. This sparked her interest and she started asking questions. How does a Mormon live? Why do bad things happen to good people? We walked with her as she pushed her stroller with her newly baptized son. We read a bit from 2 Nephi 2. She told us she normally would never talk religion with people, but she also said she doesn't think it was just coincidence we met her and started talking that night. She said she would read the chapters we gave her and she is excited to meet again. We are as well.


The Lord places us in the right place at the right time. He knows our needs and he will make sure we have what we need. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love, Elder Smith

To Mom:

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!
We will have a little Thanksgiving on Friday with some members so that will be good.
I haven't been looking for any shoes yet. I will let you know. The shoes here are a little different. Maybe a little more "fashionable" but not too different.
I'm glad you were able to find someone to teach the class. Missionaries are great.
Elder Hunt is way cool. He is good at a ton of stuff. He is really good at singing and likes guitar. So we get along pretty well. 
We are the zone leaders. It is going well. We just go on a lot of splits and give trainings every once in a while. We also find a goal for the zone to work on every transfer.
Well hopefully you aren't late for the Jazz game. Why didn't we go to Jazz games when I was at home? 
I love you lots and lots times three trillion billion. 
Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith


To Dad:
Hey! I'm doing good. It has been a good week with Elder Hunt. We get along really well. We are both zone leaders. There is a family in the ward and the dad is from America so they are having kind of a Thanksgiving party on Friday that we are going to. Thanks for eating extra pie for me. It's not like I need it haha.
It is weird that time is going down. I still feel like I have a lot of time, but at the same time things like school and work and stuff seem to be coming quickly. I don't feel much emotion toward it right now haha. It is only annoying when members say I don't have much time left. I feel like so far my mission has gone great. I have changed and grown a lot. I have met a lot of my goals and I do still have some for the next while. I set some a while back for the rest of my mission and I have some for the rest of this year to work on. 
That's awesome you got accepted into BYU-I! That is too bad you can't take much of a break, but you're right. It is easier to keep going than to get started up again.
I am glad you liked Aubrey's boyfriend. I'm also glad the bathroom is done!
Well have fun at the Jazz game and at thanksgiving. I will miss you all. Tell the family hi and that I love them. Don't get mad at the family gathering :)
Have a good week! I did read that talk it was great thank you! Love you lots!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment