Monday, November 6, 2017

Elder Sabin and stake conference


Hey everyone! It has been a good week!
We did a lot of finding throughout the week and we had splits with the Elders in Frederiksberg. I was with Elder Merrill and we had a lesson with one of their new investigators. It went super well and she commited to be baptized in January. They are in our ward so I will still be able to see her progress. She was in church yesterday so that was cool. 
On Thursday we had a zone conference and Elder Sabin from the seventies came and talked to us. It was super good! He talked to us about the gospel and what it leads us to, and how we can best bring it to others. It was cool, he started off the meeting by saying he wasn't going to tell us anything new, but things we already know. He said to listen to the spirit and we would learn a lot. And we did!
On Friday we had an MLC with Elder Sabin at the mission home and that was amazing too! We talked about how we could apply everything from the conference to the mission and help them in that way. It was so cool learning from a general authority.
Saturday evening we had the adult session of our stake conference and that was really good. Yesterday we had stake conference as well. It was awesome to see members from my very first ward and from the Nykøbing branch. I miss a lot of them and it was fun to talk to them. Especially the ones I couldn't understand when I last talked to them.
That's all I could think of for this week. We find out on Saturday about transfers. I will probably be getting a new companion so we will see what happens. We are reading the Book of Mormon for Pday today. Literally, the whole thing today. We are already finished with Alma. I will let you know how it went next week. 
Anyways. Love you all. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith 

Hey Mom!
I don't have much time today because we are trying to read the entire Book of Mormon today.
Well surprise for birthday/Christmas. Yesterday we were at the office doing some zone things and when we got back to the car there was a parking ticket. We forgot to set the parking clock thing in our car. So that is 750 crowns or 120 dollars. We are going to split it and each pay 60 so shoes can wait a while.

I'm glad you got a hike in and that you get hikes in. Is it getting cold yet?

Taastrup is my least favorite mostly because of scenery. It just doesn't feel like cozy Denmark.

Zone conference was awesome. He put a lot of work into it. I got all the scriptures studied, and they were awesome.

I will send you some pics of my apartment tomorrow.
My companion and I get along really well.
I can't think of the most discouraging moment. 
The happiest was probably that when we were on splits we put the other elders investigator on baptismal date!

I love you lots mom! Have a good week!

Love, Ældste Smith



To Dad:

Hey! I'm doing pretty good. Not super excited for winter. It is definitely getting darker and darker here. Haha that sounds like a good paper for your class. Good luck.
I'm glad you finally got a new truck! It's about time! 
Well I'm sorry I have to go. I am emailing at the mission office and one of the senior missionaries has to use this computer. I love you dad. Thanks you for everything.
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment