Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving and getting ready for Christmas!

Well it was a good week! Last Monday Elder Hunt and I went and got a ton of Christmas lights for our apartment... (to be continued). We also went to the face to face with Elder Ballard and Elder Oaks and it was really good. It is cool to see the apostles answer hard questions so simply and clearly.
We had a good lesson with MaryAnn. She didn't come to church yesterday unfortunately, but things are going well with her.
We visited a few of the districs this week to talk about the Christmas initiative #LighttheWorld. I am excited for it and it goes along great with our zone goal Lift.
On Friday we had Birkerød on splits and that evening we put up all of our Christmas decorations. We had a lot of decorations in the closet of our apartment as well as the ones we bought on Monday. Needless to say our apartment is a Christmas wonderland. I will send pictures. 
Some members also put together a Thanksgiving dinner with all the americans in the ward, it was a lot of fun.
On Sunday we got invited by one of the senior missionary couples to come to their place for a Thanksgiving dinner as well. It was made by them and 3 other couples as well as Pres. and Sis. O'Bryant. It was a delicious dinner and a lot of fun.
I am excited for the Holiday season here and for the great spirit it brings remember that this time isn't about ourselves. In 1 Theselonians 5 it says that the will of God and Jesus Christ for us is to give thanks. We talked a bit  about why and I think it has to do with the fact that gratitude turns us outward. It humbles us and brings us closer to God. Be grateful and show it. Serve others and give them something to be greatful for. It will be a great blessing in the end.
I love you all. Have a great week!
Love, Elder Smith


To Dad:
I'm glad you still remember when I was born. Your memory isn't completely gone yet. haha. I think I feel the same. My companion reminded me that about a fourth of my life is over now so that is a bummer. They haven't sung the birthday song yet at zone conference but they probably will this coming one. 
Sometimes I miss being a little boy too. I am glad I am where I am now though. I think I am a better person. I had a personal study this week where I thought about how the gospel changes people. I was thinking about how it has changed me. I made a list of things that were most important to me before the mission and now. It was cool. Not everything on the list changed completely but my priorities are definitely different. It was cool.
I'm glad Cooper is getting into fishing. It would be awesome to plan a fishing trip together. I miss fishing a lot.
I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good. We had a couple good dinners as well so that was great :)
I wish the weather here was warm. It is getting colder and colder and colder and colder.
I love you lots dad. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Smith

Hey Mom! I love you! 
Thanks for the birthday wishes. We haven't done anything just yet, but we have some good plans for the day. I haven't looked for shoes yet, but we will be in Copenhagen a bit today and next Monday so I will keep an eye out. I haven't gotten any birthday letters yet. One from Grandma Howell a couple weeks ago.
I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving. Ours went well as well. I'm glad we have some good members here. That is crazy that the weather is so warm. It's not like that here, unfortunately.
We sing sometimes. It is fun having a singing companion. Sister O'Bryant asked us to find some piece of music to play or sing for the Christmas zone conference so we will see what we can find.
The lift goal is going well. We have just been trying to apply it whenever and wherever we can. Lifting all the people we talk to rather than being a burden. We are also working on lifting our zone and loving every member. We come up with the zone goals ourselves.
We haven't met with the lady again yet, but we texted her and she said she would get back to us. We will probably text her again soon.
That is cute with the little boy wanting to see your violin. Too bad you couldn't let him hold it.
Yeah I remember Holly Days not being that exciting. I think I only went there one year on a double date with Courtney and Aubrey and Michael.
Well thanks for being such and awesome mom. I love you lots. Have a super good week. :)
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment