Monday, April 2, 2018

Lost Backpack and General Conference

Hey Everybody!

It was a long busy week, but it was good. We did get a bit of time to find in our area despite that we had a lot of meetings and splits this week. Unfortunately it has been a little slow as far as new investigators, but we set a high goal this week and we are determined to find some new people throughout the week.

A little miracle for the week. We were on a bus and I had an extra bag because we were going on splits that evening. When we got off the bus I realized I had left my backpack on there. The backpack had my camera, my journal, notes from general conference and zone conferences, and a bunch of other important stuff. I thought it was gone forever. But then we had splits in Birkerød on Wednesday and that was pretty good. I was with Elder Lex. He is a funny guy and we had a good time. While we were there I called the bus people and they had my bag! So we had to travel all the way into Copenhagen to get it because the place was about to close for like a week. I was pretty happy to get the bag back though.

We had a zone conference this week and I really enjoyed it President talked about the plan of salvationa and it was really good. What a cool thing the plan of salvation is. It amazes me how perfect it is.

General conference was great. This conference really gave me a strong testimony of a living prophet and a living church. The things Russel M. Nelson said and the changes that were made felt so right and so great for this time. I am looking forward to it all. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Smith

Some pictures from this week and last week.




To Dad: 

 It has been a good week. Pretty busy. We had zone conference and general conference in the same week so a lot going on. It was great though. I really enjoyed conference. I agree. I definitely felt that everything was just so right and I am excited for the new changes. I haven't seen the last session yet, but I think we will do that tonight.

You did some fun stuff this week! Not just work and running haha. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with Cooper. That sounds like a lot of fun. 

Everything is good. I can't believe there are only 4 weeks left. I have a lot of mixed emotions and my motivation goes on some roller coasters, but overall I am doing really well and enjoying these last weeks. We are working hard and life is good. Well. I love you lots. Thanks for everything you do. Have a good week.

Hi Mom!

I can't believe it is only one month! I feel the same way as you. It is very bitter-sweet. I can't believe Aubrey is engaged! That is so crazy.

It has been hard with the new area for the last transfer, but it is getting better. As far as I know my purpose here is missionary work :) haha I haven't found any specifics yet. 

We use public transportation like busses and trains and we bike. No we just had to give the car to another area because it was their's originally. This area just needed it the transfer before I got here.

I also really enjoyed conference. I am excited for the new changes. I haven't seen the last session yet, but the ministering sounds really cool.

I love you mommy! I can't wait to see you in 4 weeks! Happy Easter!!! Today is second Easter in Denmark :) Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment