Monday, April 23, 2018

Last Week as a Full Time Missionary

We had a good week and were able to work hard and get a lot done. We had an appointment with our investigator Morten at Mikkel Olsen's home. The lesson went great and Morten really has the desire to gain a testimony. He came to church as well and learned about the priesthood. After that class he actually asked for a blessing to help him stop smoking. He is very solid and I wouldn't be surprised if he invites himself to baptism at our next lesson.

It is weird to be beginning my last week as a full time missionary. I am grateful for the time I have had and I am glad I still have another week.

It has been cool this week with the many teaching opportunities we have had this week. We have had quite a few chances to share truths and testimony. Each time I have walked away with a feeling of gratitude for the testimony I have. The knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for us. The comfort of knowing that there is something much deeper than this life. So grateful for the experiences I have had here on a mission that have expanded and deepened my testimony of the Savior and the gospel. I would invite you all to look at your testimonies from another perspective and make a goal on how you can deepen your testimony. The feelings that will come as you do those things will only be good feelings.

I love you all. Thank you for your love and support. I am looking forward to seeing you next week!

Love, Elder Smith


Hey Dad,

It is pretty crazy how fast time is going right now. I can't wait to see you all too. I wonder how much you all have changed haha. I didn't know President O'Bryant would send you a letter, that's cool.

That is a crazy week. I can't believe you just decide you're going to go out and run a marathon randomly. That's crazy! I'm glad your knee is feeling better and there isn't any permanent damage. So do you like your new calling so far? Have you interviewed a lot of the members of the quorum? Who will be my ministering companion?

I will be sure to pray for Cooper and I will try to spend a good amount of time with him over the summer. 

It is hard to think that I don't have much time left. I am so excited to come home and do new things, but it is always hard to leave something like this behind. I will never be able to do this type of missionary work again.

I love you lots Dad. Thank you for always being there for me and emailing me. I hope we can do a lot together this summer. I wish I would have spent more time with you before my mission but I guess I will have to make up for it. Well have a great week! See you soon!

Elder Smith


Hey Mom!

I'm glad you have work lined up for me to do. I need to stay busy! You make the list and I'll do it. I am pretty excited to see you all.

As far as exercise goes I will have to go to work at that when I get home as well.

I feel like I will probably just stay in our ward but I guess we'll see. I never thought of going to singles ward.

It would be good to contact that guy because I am definitely going to need to work during school as well.

The interview went really well! They just asked us about why we are here in denmark and what motivates us and stuff. It was really cool and we were able to share some great stuff.

Well keep enjoying life! I will see you soon! Love you!

Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment