Sunday, April 8, 2018

Miracles

Hey everyone! It has been an awesome week! We have been working hard and waiting for success and this week we were able to find 4 new investigators. Two of them are very positive and we are excited to start working with them. They are also neighbors! One is an older lady from Norway and the other is a man from Canada who has lived here for four years. He told us he cannot guarantee he will be baptized, but he is very interested in learning what we actually believe in.

A couple miracles. We have been going through our area book and pulling out former investigators that may have potential. We pulled one out named Sarah who has not been taught for 8 years, when she was 18. We called and set up an appointment and found out it was in the other Elders area. They went and taught her yesterday and she was super positive. It was a miracle because the record had just been sitting in our area book for years while this lady was prepared and matured for the perfect time we could call her and set up the appointment. Another one happened because Elder Hunsaker and I were biking around in the freezing cold. I somehow thought of an old investigator I had visited last year the first time I was here in Aalborg. I felt like we should go visit her. We went and searched for a while, but we couldn't find her apartment. We went home and found her record and went by. Turns out she was in the process of moving and she had gotten a new phone number so if we would have waited much longer she would have been gone forever. We will hopefully meet with her soon. 

On Monday we went and saw this cool old lighthouse in the middle of nowhere and it was snowing so we got some cool pictures. I think that about wraps up most of what happened this week.

Those two little miracles really strengthened my testimony that the Lord really is leading and guiding us in His work. If we are ready to follow impressions and try our best, he will use us to work miracles and we will be tools in his hands. Try your best to be where you need to be. Always be prepared to follow spiritual impressions the Lord may send your way. 

I love you all. Have a good week.

Elder Smith




Hey Dad I'm doing pretty well. The work has been going well. We are finally seeing some success. It is true Elder Hunsaker has been much happier the past few days with the success we have had.

Sorry you have had to be away with work and stuff. That is hard. That is sad about the boy with leukemia though. I think it is funny you run so much and complain about it. Either be happy for it or don't do it haha. Or just do less. You are already skinnier than me. Speaking of classes I found out I got accepted into BYU! So I guess that is another option. I still don't know where I'm going to go, but good to have options.

I'm glad Aubrey is coming to visit. That will be good. 

I will keep working hard. Sorry for the short email this week. I am running out of time. I love you lots dad. Have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith

Hey!

I am so glad you are so faithful and happy. It reminds me of when Elder Sabin was here and he said if there is one thing Mormons are good at it is that they are always happy no matter what happens.

I'm glad you are healing up. Sorry it is slow, but it will come.

It was super super super cold earlier this week but it has been so much better the past couple of days. I will probably bring my coat home with me. I sold my bike right before I went to a car area so I wouldn't have to bring it around with me. I've been using an area bike so no worries there. I am going to try to bring my guitar home, but we will see.

I sent more pictures this week too! I hope you all are happy now!!!

The cookies have been great. It seems like the members just automatically like us more.

I'm sorry I don't have enough time to tell stories, but I will try to prioritize it next week. I'm just running out of time. Have a great week! I love you!

Love, Ældste Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment