Monday, October 24, 2016

Dirty Gutters and Pizza

We had a great week here in Holbæk. Some highlights of the week: On Monday we had nothing to do so we decided to check out the Holbæk Naturskole. It's basically a little section of forest and they have a lot of deer and elk and stuff so it was pretty cool.
I'm Legal! On like Wednesday my Visa finally came in the mail so I'm not an illegal immigrant anymore. Hurray!
I had to go to the doctor this week because I have an infection in my toe, she prescribed some antibiotic though so it's all good.
We helped a family in the ward make soup to feed the whole ward in church on Sunday and I think I peeled 2,000,000 potatoes. It was pretty fun but the potatoes kept slipping out of my hand.
Explanation for the title. On Friday we did service for a lady named Donna. We had to climb these way sketchy ladders up to the gutters on the roof and just clean out the gunk with our hands. It was dirty and freezing cold and rainy, but I guess it was pretty fun too. When we got home we made a big pizza loaded with delicious things to make up for it.
We have had an investigator that has been hard to get in contact with so we went to visit her on Monday and met with her on Saturday. We had the best lesson ever with her and read straight from the Book of Mormon and taught from it. She applied it to herself and it just went great. The chapter we read was Alma 32 about how faith is like a seed. We need to plant it but guess what. That seed's not gonna grow itself. I realized that for me, my seed of faith didn't grow in one day because of some big experience. My seed has slowly grown because of the little things I do each day (Prayer, scripture study) and the little feelings I get when I do them. Some people have big experiences but for the most part our faith will grow because of our own dedication and efforts. I would invite you all to strive after dilligence with the small things that will really make a difference in your testimony. 
I love you all and hope you are having a good fall. I love hearing from you as well so keep me updated. I find out if I transfer on Friday so keep an eye out for my email next week because it might have news. Have an awesome week!
Love Elder Smith

















Hi my favorite mom!
 
Sister Stokholm is great, she showed me your Facebook post and was very happy that you were happy again haha.

I'm glad you got my letter. I was wondering if it would get there after the dumb USB thing.

I will probably get my scripture case on Wednesday. :) It has definitely gotten cold enough for gloves. Especially when we are biking. I even use my coat sometimes because the Jacket I brought isn't amazing. I don't have much music on it, mostly just stuff from the MoTab website. You can send me songs, if that's even possible.

Haha I am excited for cinnamon rolls and pie. I will make you something Danish. 
Tonya is probably going crazy trying to think of someone to replace you. She might have to find two people.

Haha if I speak Danish to you at Christmas time you won't be able to tell if it's good or bad so that's good. I wonder where I will be for Christmas time.

Haha if you ordered anything from lds.org it will probably be there tomorrow. Did you send it to my address or the mission office? Transfers are next Monday so I might not be here, then again, I might. Haha I'm excited to find out on Friday.

Haha that hike sounds really fun. I saw dad's pictures of it and it looked great. I wish I could go to Betty's sometimes. The resteraunts here are lame and expensive, but I guess that is keeping us from eating out too much. Speaking of which I have been doing a whole lot better at that. Haven't had to use any personal funds for a long time!

Eating healthier sucks. And it's super hard with so many eating appointments. We ate with a family in the ward this week and they are known for feeding missionaries more than they can eat. It's not that they force you, they just keep bringing thing after thing out and expecting you to eat it all. They are really great though. A couple of my favorite people ever.

I did listen to the talk! And funny thing we listened to a talk in the car right before that and he used the exact same story. It was pretty funny. But it was a really great talk and it really made me want to keep going. We have had some hard knocking sessions and it was good to have that talk in mind.

Haha Elder Lee and I have gotten along great. I am really greatful for the companions that I've had. I'll be sad to leave him.

I love you sooooo much :) Have a super duper awesome fantastic week.
Love, Elder Smith


Hey Dad
The motherland? Not much too new. I get transfer calls on Friday so I find out if I stay in Holbæk or not. 
That sounds like a good service project. I also like the ones where a lot of people just come and get it done. It makes it easier for everyone.
That also sounds like a good fall break. I bet Aubrey liked the Filipino food better. The pho was pretty good. Not as good as that one place but I liked it a lot. There are probably vietnamese people here but I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from most other asians haha. But there are quite a mix of foreigners here. I like the pictures from your hike.
I'm sure your talk was great. I wish I could hear your talks. I love reading them. I have been reading so many talks. I can't believe how many general conferences I took for granted. Home teaching is awesome. And so important. I've been slightly dissappointed as well that we have really been trying to find a member to come to our lessons with one of our investigators. She is a girl so if we don't have someone with we have to sit outside and it's starting to get cold. Anyways we asked so many people and none of them could come.
Things are going well. The language is going so much better. My companion says it has been improving really quickly. He is really good. We try to speak it as much as possible. It is hard but it helps a lot. I haven't done tons of family history. We don't have a ton of time. But we helped with a youth activity a couple weeks ago that was family history. I haven't seen anything super cool. It's pretty exciting when we see a truck. Haha. The work is definitely hard, but I definitely rejoice over the good moments. I notice a big difference when we come home from a good day as opposed to a hard one. Thanks for the advice on the fallen through appointments. It is hard when those things happen and sometimes really annoying but we try to look at it positively and make the most out of it.
I sent Cooper a good email this week. I hope it was good. It does sound like he is having a rough time. It's hard because I wish he could be a little different with some things and that others would have patience with him. I'll keep thinking about him.
Thank you for being awesome. I love you lots. Have a good week. 
Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment