Monday, October 3, 2016

Kun Dansk

It has been a great week and I hope you have all enjoyed conference. I was able to watch all except the Sunday afternoon session but that's coming.
This week has been really fun. On Monday we hung out in Roskilde but didn't do a ton. We had splits with Nykøbing on Wednesday and it was great to work with my district leader Elder Williams. After Splits on Wednesday we had zone training on Thursday in Roskilde. It was really, really good. The mission has decided to have a new standard. From now on we are supposed to speak only Danish from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening. It's going to be super hard, but I am excited to see my Danish improve from it. As well as talking about Danish at zone training, President O'Bryant talked about the Book of Mormon. It was really good and we talked about true the Book of Mormon really is and why. We talked about gaining an intillectual testimony to go with your spiritual testimony.
Thursday evening we met with a new investigator named Rene. We met him on the street and he was a little drunk. When we met with him on Thursday he was a little drunk again, but he told us that God has told him he has to stop and that because we came he would stop. I'm really hoping next time we meet with him he will be sober so he is definitely in our prayers. If he is still drunk there isn't much we can progress from there.
Saturday was super awesome because we were able to begin conference. We watched the Saturday morning session with familien Nørrung and it was really fun. We all brought cookies and had a contest and Elder Lee and I won. We used Sister O'Bryant's chocolate chip cookie recipe so it was no contest.
On Sunday we had a General conference marathon and we watched conference at the church building with the Roskilde Sisters and the Nykøbing Elders. We had pancakes and cookies and tons of junk food so it was a great party. Sunday evening we watched the Sunday morning session with familien Møller. 
To move to the spiritual side of conference, there were loads of amazing talks. I will probably be talking about them a lot over the next few weeks. Luckily. I have thought a little over one that I want to share a little about.
On Saturday morning there was a talk by J. Devn Cornish. It was amazing. He said that many times we find ourselves asking the question "Am I good enough, and am I going to make it?" The answer is Yes! You will be good enough, and Yes! you will make it. Right now we are not perfect and cannot become perfect right away, but one day we will be perfect. The thing is, we have to try. If we sit and wait we will never become perfect, but if we try our best to increase our faith and repent, we can become. Our Heavenly Father does not want us to fail and he intends for us to make it. With his help and with our sincere efforts, we can become more perfect every day.
I hope everything is going great for all of you. I love hearing from you and you are all great examples. Thank you for your support. Have a great week!
Ældste Smith







To Dad:

I have had a good week and it has been pretty productive. We have been busy. Sounds like things are moving forward with the store and that's good. I hope you will have more time to do your stuff soon. It's good that you made your bosses happy though. That's important. Denmark has been pretty rainy too. It's fine for the most part, but not fun to walk, bike, or drive in. The worst is driving when it's dark and rainy. It doesn't seem like fall is coming here. Just like summer is getting cold, but it looks the same mostly. Hopefully the leaves will change soon. I love fall. I loved conference too. I only have one more session to watch and I am excited for it. I will definitely be reading or listening to the talks again. Thank you for everything. Thank you for your advice. I always try my best to follow it. I love you so much. Have a good week.
Love Elder Smith

Hi Mother!
I saw the missionary choir too. They were great and it would have been super awesome. I love the choir experience I had at the MTC though so it's okay. I'm glad those missionaries got to do that. I am definitely glad I'm not in the MTC anymore though. That would be rough.
It's a Christmas choir that will do a concert in Copenhagen, Odense, and Aarhus. They had us email and tell about our interest and experience and chose. I don't know if there will be a way you can watch, but I will definitely let you know if there is. There will be 16 missionaries I think.
Haha I might be easy to get a long with most of the time, but I am still sure my companions need a lot of tålmodighed. We do a few crazy things but I feel like we are a little more focused overall. It's a good balance. 
I have a goal to finish 3 Nephi this week which will probably be really hard but I want to get it done. I want to start reading the new testament. It has been really good though and I have gotten more out of it than ever before.
As of now Aubrey and Cooper and I are pretty good together so I'll just make sure it stays. It probably helps that there are only 3 of us. Less kids less drama.
Thank you for emailing the USB. I will watch for it. Also whenever you send me a package can you put some deoderant in it. Old Spice figi. They have weird deoderant here but from what I've seen and heard, it is crap. I'm pretty sure it's the reason Europeans have bad BO. I'm going to try to send you a letter today or tommorrow. They are written but I haven't gotten the chance to send them yet. You have to go to a certain place and pay a bunch of money.
We've had some pretty rainy weather too. It's alright, but I hate driving in it. Send me pictures of your weather and of you guys. I can get pictures :)
Conference was so great! So many things to ponder and get better on. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts! 
I loved conference as well. I have tons of thoughts that I didn't write in my email, but there were so many good ones. Which talk was your favorite?
I love you lots and lots. Your emails are just fine. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment